Music Problem

irishjonny

Good Day Everyone,

Recently I've been having a rather large issue regarding my background music. I've had Skyrim since its release and have never had this issue before. I'm a level 81 and have enjoyed Skyrim. But now my back ground music has completely halted. I've tried multiple solutions like reinstalling, editing skyrim.ini, removing music via console command, and multiple other tries of seen all to no avail. Now I'm just at my wits end and need any form of a solution. I love the sound track in Skyrim and miss exploring Skyrim with it, going to taverns and enjoying it, and all the wonderful ways its used. furthermore I've tried installing music mods and its still silent. So I must beg for any help. Thank you.

Yes, I hear footsteps, doors closing and opening but I always had background music and anytime I entered an Inn or sanctuary like the Companions Hall or the Greybeards Temple at High Hrothgar I always got that sactuary's particular music playing in the background. The only thing that I installed since the music last worked is an update to Falskaar but its made clear in readme that everything should be compatible. I suspect strongly, that since my background music went away almost immediately after I installed that Falskaar update that it did indeed mess up my game somehow. However, upon realizing that I had this issue I completely reinstalled everything... including vanilla Skyrim - and I even executed several console commands involving the music files but nothing. Even after having completely reinstalled Skyrim I still suspect the Falskaar update somehow, I just can't identify how. I would have thought reinstalling Skyrim would have removed and incompatibility issues. Help!!

Edited by irishjonny

Well since we're jumping to the reinstall now, did you make sure to uninstall all mods before uninstalling Skyrim? To really get a fresh install, you need to:

1. Uninstall all mods
  2. Uninstall skyrim
  3. Completely delete the Skyrim folder in your steam directory
  4. Go ahead and move/archive your skyrim folder from "My Games/Skyrim" to get rid of any .ini tweaks and dirty saves.

Otherwise, changes will be left behind that will give you a CTD. If you do all that, start up Skyrim with no mods, see if you can hear music.

However, back to the main issue. You can hear EVERYTHING but background music. The only thing you did was update Falskaar...Yeah I don't think there's anything in Falskaar that would cause the vanilla music to not function. Did you have any sound overhauls installed beforehand?

Yes, I did that proper uninstall before and just finished it again now. I don't have any background music. I don't really see how Falskaar could interfere with the music either, but even anyway yes I hear everything except the music. I didn't have any sound overhauls before, but I downloaded some after the problem happened and oddly enough that music didn't come on either. Its very irritating, and thank you for the help thus far. Happen to have any further ideas on what's messing up? Oh, and Happy New Year.