So,this is an idea which I can only hope will catch someone's eye .

Enjoy the wall of text !

Project Adaptation : a secret organization which's aim is to study the genetics of the creatures of the wasteland and what makes it for them easy to live in it to take those traits and combine them with the human DNA ,resulting a hybrid life form still as intelligent,but better suited for surviving in the wasteland .

The player would receive an envelope from a courier with an invitation to the project with the location specified in it . *Actual location yet to be thought out* The "Project Adaptation" Quest begins , the objective pinpointed on the map.

Upon arrival , the player is welcomed by a Dr. Zimmer ,and he explains the aims of the group and the reasons of his invitation ( the player is very capable ,resourceful,etc ) .

Afterwards , it is explained the need of fresh tissue and blood samples of some of the better surviving,ferocious creatures of the wasteland due to an explosion in the lab which had the preverious samples destroyed , and the player is asked to collect them ,otherwise the research cannot continue. The player would be asked of the following : Gecko samples of its each kind (normal,golden,fire) , Lakelurk , and Deathclaw samples . If player has medicine skill of 50 or above , he can use the line "I suppose you're not researching anything on the bug creatures because their anatomy and DNA is too different of a humans ?" and Zimmer would answer with "Indeed." ,awarding the player some experience .

After collecting the samples , the player is awarded with 1750 caps , or 2000 with a 45 speech check . He/she is told that now he/she can have the option of being a volunteer to see if the "adaptation" serum (of choice) works . The player can choose between the creatures of which samples were collected off : Gecko , Lakelurk , Deathclaw . Each offers a perk and some conditions .

Gecko : -to be thought out-

Lakelurk : Perception raised by 4 ,strength and endurance by 2; also player will gain 80 health. Now player heals if in water , and healed much more if drinking it , both from dirty/purified water bottles and by drinking from other water sources ; condition being the hightened need for water . If player doesen't drink from any water source once in 12 hours they will have the health reduced by 40% and all stats, save for luck will suffer a -1 loss .

Deathclaw : Strength raised by 4 ,endurance by 2 ; player will also gain 95 health . Now player has genes of a predator ; heals much more when eating any sort of meat , but also has gained some instincts of a predator ;bloodlust; if player doesen't eat any sort of meat once every 12 hours ,she/he will suffer an intelligence and perception loss of -3 . In addition to that , since Deathclaws are known for their claws of tremendous sizes, the player acquired a nail/claws problem ,resulting in a reduced reload speed and a raised unarmed skill .

After choosing , the player will have to wait a few days . Lets say 3 . Afterwards at the Doc would come the usual scene when the player is being healed by a doctor , with the syringe . *darkness* then the player wakes up with said perks .

Now ,here comes the actual hard part . In my mind , the player would have real phisycal changes , like new face/ head structure,tail , clawed hands and feet , adapted textures which needs alot of meshwork.

Since I guess it's a low chance someone will take that up I'll minimalize it : only eyes , tail ( except lakelurk), hands (which would be just simple cut-outs and placed instead the human hand), and the fronts of the feet which would somehow look like the claws ripped through the boots :b

And because I feel like writing some more here ; if a miracle happens and someone DOES take up the hard-to-do version , there'd be also this useless thing for realism : The player would also receive equippable facewrap and big boots ;because if much is shown the towns where you're not at least "Liked" you'll have to wear those peeps will consider you a monster and attack you on sight .