• Please log in to reply
980 replies to this topic

matortheeternal

matortheeternal

autoMator

• Premium Member
  • 4,262 posts
In response to post #11194989.

No... well... maybe. Just because you can input a nif file for an armor doesn't mean it won't crash Skyrim if you try using said armor. Armor and weapon nif files have all sorts of important internal pointers and things that make them different from nif files for world models/scenery.

matortheeternal

matortheeternal

autoMator

• Premium Member
  • 4,262 posts
In response to post #11197668.

That would be me! The one man project, albeit with some small assistance from others every once in a while.

That's an interesting issue and a nice resolution, I'll add it to the FAQ section.

Glad you like what you found! :)

matortheeternal

matortheeternal

autoMator

• Premium Member
  • 4,262 posts
In response to post #11197899. #11198499 is also a reply to the same post.

Haha, yeah... I think Zilav is right about this being a bit outside of the "feasible" realm.

One thing that may be happening though is Bashed patches in TES5Edit at the same level as from the days of Oblivion... keep your eyes peeled for that one!

Edited by matortheeternal, 14 January 2014 - 04:42 PM.

matortheeternal

matortheeternal

autoMator

• Premium Member
  • 4,262 posts
In response to post #11194553.

TES5Edit is indeed amazingly powerful. Hopefully these scripts will prove that to people and we can start seeing some more movement on the TES5Edit scripting scene. ;)

Edited by matortheeternal, 14 January 2014 - 04:43 PM.

matortheeternal

matortheeternal

autoMator

• Premium Member
  • 4,262 posts
Hey everyone, and thanks for downloading this script package!

I was wondering if anyone would be willing to take a nice screenshot of 10 or more NPCs generated with the NPC Generator. I'd do it myself, but my graphics card failed recently so Skyrim runs at 7fps on the lowest settings. (and no one wants to see those ugly screenshots... >_> )

It would be greatly appreciated! :)

Edited by matortheeternal, 14 January 2014 - 05:12 PM.

madpaddy

madpaddy

Madpaddy

• Premium Member
  • 7,084 posts
In response to post #11197899. #11198499, #11199187 are all replies on the same post.

Bashed patches with TES5EDIT sounds fantastic :).

Kathartic

Kathartic

Faithful poster

• Premium Member
  • 1,494 posts
Having read your description I am downloading this. I am not a modder of any sort I admit, however I am extremely impressed by the clarity of your description and the fact that it is written in terms even I can understand :D I will be following this with great interest as you have piqued my interest in the possibilities of TES5Edit :D

Ablaze666

Ablaze666

Firestarter

• Premium Member
  • 2,127 posts
In response to post #11199301.

A quick test. Worked good in most cases. Only fail was the dude in the dremora armor. :D I've picked the NordMalePreset 9 and leaved the other values at default. In the Creation Kit, they got clothes, a package and I got rif of the grey faces.
Would be cool if they had any clothing or armor equiped and a standard sandbox package asigned from the script. :)

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by Ablaze666, 14 January 2014 - 08:08 PM.

SayGoodbye

SayGoodbye

Journeyman

• Supporter
  • Pip
  • 27 posts
In response to post #11194684. #11199019 is also a reply to the same post.

Thank you!

matortheeternal

matortheeternal

autoMator

• Premium Member
  • 4,262 posts
In response to post #11199301. #11203055 is also a reply to the same post.

What happened to the guy with the dremora armor? Do you mean the guy in the Ebony Armor, who has weird face paint?

What do you mean by picking the NordMalePreset9?

Also- they should have been assigned clothes/default outfits automatically by the script. outfits.txt manages the random outfits assigned to them... but it seems it isn't working again. Gonna have to make another hotfix. (EDIT: Hotfix done, outfits now assigned to generated NPCs properly.)

I didn't know anything about packages when I made the script, so I didn't foray into that. What package would you recommend for general NPC generation? DefaultMasterPackageAllowWander? DefaultSandboxEditorLocation1024?

The NPCs look pretty good though, eh? Think you could take a group shot? :}

Edited by matortheeternal, 14 January 2014 - 09:23 PM.

IPB skins by Skinbox
Page loaded in: 1.006 seconds