Having trouble changing password

gatesealer

I am lucky I wasn't logged out of the forums so that I could post about this. I have forgotten my password to log into NMM and so went to get a new one, but no matter how many times I try, the site keeps saying I am not putting in the correct security code. I have tried around 10 times to change my password and each time I have in fact put in the security code correctly but the site doesn't recognize that. What is going on?

I am also trying to change my password, for the same reason. My forum login has the password saved, but NMM won't log in. I have managed to pass the captcha check, and I would ask if you noticed there are *two* number codes that must be entered. One is the long string of numbers, the other is a (likely blurry) photograph of just a few numbers. It's easy to miss the latter.

if anyone who knew your username could log on and claim they lost the password How long do you think it would be before your account was hijacked by a spammer? So we try to make it hard enough that most spambots don't get past that part.

I have vision problems and hate captchas - Sometimes I have to try them several times. The purpose is to filter out spambots. It's not perfect, but it helps a lot. :pinch: