OBSE isn't working with steam

I know there are tons of posts on this problem, but please hear me out.

Yes, I've enabled steam community in-game and yes, I have obse_1_2_416.dll, obse_editor_1_2.dll, and obse_steam_loader.dll from the file I got from silverlock.org in the Oblivion (not data) file. OBSE (version 0021) still isn't working, though. I know 'cause I have a mod that needs OBSE, and so when I launch Oblivion using oblivion.exe and try to load my game it displays a 'you need to use OBSE in order to use this plugin' type error message, and then the game crashes. I've also tried using OblivionLauncher.exe, but no dice.

Just in case it matters I have my steam installed in Games. Oh, and it's the Oblivion GOTY Deluxe Edition from the Elder Scrolls Anthology.

Anyway, what am I doing wrong? Why won't it run? Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Something else that could be happening is that the newest version of OBSE isn't being properly detectd. You could give OBSE Tester a try, but again I can't say for certain it will properly detect the latest version of OBSE (I know it works with OBSE ver 20).

There was another post recently (perhaps even by you) regarding OBSE and the Anthology version of Oblivion and I'm very interested in learning how this disk plus Steam version interacts with OBSE. You could try downgrading to OBSE ver 20 to see if OBSE Tester detects it, and which OBSE install method is required to get it working.

@Striker- Yeah, I'll do that, thanks! And the disc on the anthology contains the Oblivion GOTY edition, whereas the steam version is the Oblivion GOTY Deluxe Edition (contains Battlehorn Castle, Vile Lair, Frostcrag Spire, Horse Armor, Thieves Den, Spell Tomes, Mehrunes' Razor, and Orrery DLCs). OBSE works fine on the disc. You know, I think if I don't figure out what's wrong I'm just gonna install oblivion from the disc and copy the DLC from my steam data folder.

UPDATE: So, i think I've narrowed down my problem. Even though I have steam community enabled in-game, the little dialog box saying 'press shift + tab for steam community' or something like that isn't showing up when I stat the game. Also, I sent a support ticket to Bethesda regarding the steam community issue, but of course they won't reply.

@venusian what operating system do you have? I have Windows 8.1, and i'm thinking that may have something to do with the problem- upgrading from windows 8 caused all sorts of compatibility problems for me. Unfortunately, I can't rollback my OS anymore :sad:

UPDATE 2: I finally got it to work! Someone on the topic I opened in the steam community forums had the answer. Apparently, all I needed was this older steam loader:

steam://openurl/http://media.steampowered.com/content/obse_loader.zip

downloaded it and put it in my oblivion folder and then ran it and it worked!

Some follow-up for my own understanding ... the obse_loader.exe your link has is from an older OBSE version (earlier than version 0019 the earliest I have downloaded myself), which makes sense as the Anthology version is a disk version of the game (obse_loader.exe is used with disk version of Oblivion). The Anthology version also requires Steam (hence the Steam Community requirement) so I assume you also need to have obse_steam_loader.dll in your Oblivion folder. With the Anthology version, when you start the game are you doing so through Steam or the same as a disk version (i.e. using the obse_loader.exe)?