• 2 months later...

I had exactly the same problem:

- I have the Legendary Edition

- Before that bug, no mod, just the content of Legendary Edition (Skyrim,Dawnguard,Heartfire,DragonBorn)

- New order quest finished (Gunmar and Sorine seem well placed in the middle of the circle)

- Isran mention someone and tell me to have a little chat. I climb upstairs. He’s waiting in the torture room, alone.

- Took an old saved game

- Installed the Unofficial Patch (for the game and for all DLCs), after the bug. Didn’t fix anything.

The solution was the following command line :

setstage DLC1VQ03Hunter 5

I found information about the quest (ID, Stage) in the "Journal Entry" section of that page :

http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Prophet_(Dawnguard)

(now if I face another quest bug, I will know where to find the info).

No need to take an old saved game.

After the command, I headed to Fort Dawnguard : Serana was waiting in the torture room and Isran arrived soon after me.

I know that the command was already mentioned, but maybe not anyone tried it.

I was very frustrated and disappointed by that bug because I’m a huge fan of Elder Scrolls game (since Daggerfall) and I felt that I would miss a lot of Dawnguard content/quests.

It took me some times to understand that there was a problem (doing all Sorine quests and many iterations of Gunmar and Isran repetitive quests).

I searched for solution for one week and gave up for a moment.

So, I hope that can help you too.

Give it a try and let us know.

Did you try this command outside the castle? As I tried it in the torture room with Isran standing right in front of me and nothing happened.

• 1 month later...

Hi guys!

I've recently bought Dawnguard and now I suffer from the same issue. I tried to start the quest by console command but it doesn't work. However I can finish it by console but the mission itself does not appear in finished quests section in the journal after command was used.

I managed to teleport Serana into the castle, she appears in torture room, the dialogues trigger properly, but there is no journal entry or quest marker. I tried to play without it an I only progressed til the Dragonsbridge, where, unfortunately, the vampires don't spawn and attack me.

I cleaned my .esm files with TES5Edit, the Unofficial Patches are installed. I've got only one mod that changes Serana (Seductress Serana) but I started the Dawnguard playthrough without it and installed it after the Dimhollow Crypt.

EDIT: Today I've reinstalled Dawnguard and started everything once again and it worked! Prophet normally triggers and Serana is in torture room as she should be :D

Edited by waldeh

• 6 months later...

I've tried everything. Deleting Dawnguard and reinstalling it. It worked but left my game very unstable since half of my mods needed Dawnguard. No console commands work, no mods seem to be doing this since I have disabled them all and the problem still occurs. I really don't want to start a new character, I've done that enough times already, and once more will make me lose interest in the game. Please, someone help.

• 1 year later...
BEST SOLUTION (Dawnguard):

There are many reasons why the Prophet quest doesn't start.

The most common is that Serana doesn't exit Castle Volkihar due to a game bug or Dexicon doesn't appear in the world ect.

I have through lots of effort found a way to continue the Dawnguard questline with the bugs

(So you don't have to reinstall and restart the entire game or uninstall your mods, if they are causing it).

However, I can't guarantee that it will succed with all mods though.

But I have tried with a game without mods and it works and then again in a game with over 200 mods and it also works.

So before reinstalling the game just try the following.

First you have to Complete the following quests using these commands:

completequest DLC1VQ03Hunter

completequest DLC1VQElderhandler

completequest DLC1VQElder

You're skipping these quests so that you can start on Chasing Echoes using following command:

setstage DLC1VQ04 10

Serana should now be comming out of Castle Volkihar. To find her location just type the following:

player.moveto XX002b74

and talk to her. You should now be able to enter Soul Cairn realm and proceed with the questline.

The only problem is that Dexion Evicus is still nowhere to be found.

Don't worry I have found a solution to that too :D

When exiting the Soul Cairn realm after defeating the dragon travel to the College of Winterhold to regain the Elder Scroll of Dragon

(If you have sold it to the bookkeeper).

If you haven't got this Elder Scroll you need to get it before proceeding (This is important!!).

After getting the Elder Scroll travel to Fort Dawnguard

(Perhaps it also works with Castle Volkihar, but I have only tried it while being a vampire hunter :D).

Go into the castle and spawn Dexicon using following command:

player.placeatme XX0058b0

After this you must speak to him and get the Elder Scrolls of the Sun.

You should now be able to continue with the quest Unseen Vision and the rest of the questline.

If this doesn't work you need to become a better modder, reinstall the game and so on.

It wasn't easy to find this solution and I hope it will be of help to you.

I just hated that noone had the answer and it really ruins this game when you can't play this amazing questline.

I used Skyrim Special Edition but it should also work on Skyrim with the Dawnguard DLC installed.

Created by: JW O_o

• 3 months later...

BEST SOLUTION (Dawnguard):
There are many reasons why the Prophet quest doesn't start.
The most common is that Serana doesn't exit Castle Volkihar due to a game bug or Dexicon doesn't appear in the world ect.
I have through lots of effort found a way to continue the Dawnguard questline with the bugs
(So you don't have to reinstall and restart the entire game or uninstall your mods, if they are causing it).
However, I can't guarantee that it will succed with all mods though.
But I have tried with a game without mods and it works and then again in a game with over 200 mods and it also works.
So before reinstalling the game just try the following.
First you have to Complete the following quests using these commands:
completequest DLC1VQ03Hunter
completequest DLC1VQElderhandler
completequest DLC1VQElder
You're skipping these quests so that you can start on Chasing Echoes using following command:
setstage DLC1VQ04 10
Serana should now be comming out of Castle Volkihar. To find her location just type the following:
player.moveto XX002b74
and talk to her. You should now be able to enter Soul Cairn realm and proceed with the questline.
The only problem is that Dexion Evicus is still nowhere to be found.
Don't worry I have found a solution to that too :D
When exiting the Soul Cairn realm after defeating the dragon travel to the College of Winterhold to regain the Elder Scroll of Dragon
(If you have sold it to the bookkeeper).
If you haven't got this Elder Scroll you need to get it before proceeding (This is important!!).
After getting the Elder Scroll travel to Fort Dawnguard
(Perhaps it also works with Castle Volkihar, but I have only tried it while being a vampire hunter :D).
Go into the castle and spawn Dexicon using following command:
player.placeatme XX0058b0
After this you must speak to him and get the Elder Scrolls of the Sun.
You should now be able to continue with the quest Unseen Vision and the rest of the questline.
If this doesn't work you need to become a better modder, reinstall the game and so on.
It wasn't easy to find this solution and I hope it will be of help to you.
I just hated that noone had the answer and it really ruins this game when you can't play this amazing questline.
I used Skyrim Special Edition but it should also work on Skyrim with the Dawnguard DLC installed.
Created by: JW o_O

For anyone searching, this still works perfectly on Skyrim SE with 200+ mods all going, you miss a bit of content as implied by the completequest commands, but tbh it's not much compared to the frustration of dealing with Isran's sh!t. Thanks for putting these solutions out there.

• 5 months later...
  • 10 months later...

note, you only need to skip the prophet quest. you can start the others normally, alongside chasing echoes.

setstage DLC1VQElder 10
setstage DLC1VQElderhandler 10
and as for dexion
prid 02007b88
moveto 14
enable
you may need to repeat the moveto and enable if he doesn't appear the first time.
that should bring the original to you instead of creating a copied instance, which may improve compatibility with quests.
Edited by yarrmateys

• 1 year later...

the same problem!!!

can not be solved use console maybe.

but ,finally, i found a strange solving maybe.

i use MO2. here is the test:

1.i disable all mods(alternate start enable), start a new game.do nothing, just use console, enter "setstage DLC1HunterBaseIntro 200" to finish the previous quest. then the Prophet quest Starts!!!!!(which does not work before)

2.then i enable base mods(ussep, engine fix, skyui,some other small mods), start a new game. then just use console, enter "setstage DLC1HunterBaseIntro 200" to finish the previous quest. then the Prophet Starts!!!!!

3.then i enable almost every story mods(viglant , beyond reach ,legecy of dragonborn, and legecy pathch,etc). start a new game, enter "setstage DLC1HunterBaseIntro 200". then the Prophet quest also Starts!!!!!

4.then i enable all texture mods, weapons and armors mods, reinstall legecy patches, start a new game(after mods finish configing), enter "setstage DLC1HunterBaseIntro 200". then the Prophet quest also Starts!!!!!

5.i enable almost every mods(about 270 mods. about 150 esp) i have, start a new game(after mods finish configing), enter "setstage DLC1HunterBaseIntro 200". then the Prophet quest also Starts!!!!!

very unbelievable!!!! why it works now???

but, now i think i can start a new game in which i can play dlc1.

some mods are still disable(The Haven From The Cold And Dark, Immersive Wenches -Become a Bard- Patch, Unique Dragon Aspect ,Chapper Alduin). i do not want to testing, so i just delete them.

maybe, the problem is not about any mods? something else?