Male body mod question (Better Males)

Robbieblack

Hi all, I have some questions regarding "Better Males" mod.

Does this mod:

1. Add better muscle definition?

2. Have extra hairstyles & beards?

3. Change all NPC's or just your character?

4. Does this mod work at character creation and/or with the showracemenue?

5. Can I use this mod on to alter a previously created and saved character that was made before adding this mod using the showracemenue?

6. I am not interested in a nude or smooth body so are there any other male body/hair/beard mods I should consider?

Hope someone can help me better understand what this mod does, I am new to Skyrim & Mods so please forgive my lack of understanding.

1. Look at the pictures and read the mod description/description under each file. The Sundracon meshes are similar to the vanilla ones in shape, while the FavouredSoul ones have a more body-builder shape. They both have various options.

2. Look at the pictures. There is an optional file with various hairstyles available, although they apparently replace the vanilla hairs. No new beards are included. You may want to look around if you are after new hairs/beards. Apachii SkyHair has many male hairs ranging from 'lore friendly' to 'anime-esque'.

3. Whatever you install will affect all adult male characters in the game, unless you install a mod that separates player meshes/textures from NPC ones.

4. It's a body mod. All you can do with it in charcreation is change the skin tone and weight, like with the vanilla bodies.

5. As with 3 and 4, it will affect your character regardless of using showracemenu or not.

6. Male characters aren't as well supported in the modding community as female ones. I think there are maybe five or so mods for male characters, almost all of which are nude body replacers. So, use the underwear version of Better Males, and pick the muscular textures if you don't want them to be smooth.

Thank you for the reply. I'm sorry about my questions. I'm new to skyrim and mods. If I wanted a normal body hair & stubble and beards & muscles what files do I need to download? I'm very confused as to what ones I need to get. I'm not interested in a nude version either.

Also what file do I need to only change my character and not all NPC's?

Edited by Robbieblack