jepuliz

jepuliz

Old hand

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 806 posts

designed by...me

Using Paint.

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm off to watch Donnie Brasco.
Cheers!

Unavi

Unavi

TK-421

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 735 posts
the wall idea seems nice to me!

imagine a giant wall with shield like icons, each for a different achivment and with a different sing on it (like in TF2 ?:P. They should look more mediveal i think, hhe). At the start they are all gray but when you unlock an achivment, its corrispodant shield/emblem/sign (wathever it would be called) start's glowwing.

That would be awesome!

Pronam

Pronam

• Premium Member
  • 4,068 posts
Haha the glowing part should just be a light before it :). Otherwise we would need an export on animation :P.
I like the shield part...would be perfect if we had a little model for it....
Anyone caring to create a little shield in blender :)?
Wouldn't have the texture part then though....
Shame we cannot just resize the normal shields.. would be a too big of a fps hit ...
Although... you could equip your achievements then haha...

jepuliz

jepuliz

Old hand

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 806 posts
Yeah the wall-idea seems cool, but I think there should also be a Journal Entry where you can check them out too... And equipping your achievements... Imagine huge shield with a picture of smiling Adoring Fan on it... There could be one Shield and when you click one of the Achievement-shields on the wall with it equipped, the picture on that achievement would appear on the shield :blink:
Cool eh? But I doubt that'd work. Just the Achievements would be enough for me but that kind of extra is always welcome! :D

And I might just be able to create shield on Blender, but, I'm reeeaally bad at it. So it'd be really simple one. :D If I'm up to it, I'll post in the next couple of days :D

jepuliz

jepuliz

Old hand

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 806 posts
And just checked, Blender 2.49 is up.

And no modelling today, I live in Finland and its over two o'clock in the night. So I'm off to sleep. So good night everyone, and see you tomorrow!

Pronam

Pronam

• Premium Member
  • 4,068 posts
Haha owk. Good night..

Doesn't matter. the more simple the shield is, the better. That way we can add many of them..
We could create a sort of achievement-quest, only with no journal entries... so the players isn't troubled with endless stages..

although you already have the arena, 4/5 of the time... so it wouldn't actually matter at all :)

jepuliz

jepuliz

Old hand

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 806 posts
After doing the shield for about an hour, I noticed, that I suck at using blender, and that somehow I messed the edges up. Great. I'd suggest someone else do those xD It was really that awful I don't want to post even a picture here.

jepuliz

jepuliz

Old hand

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 806 posts

We could create a sort of achievement-quest, only with no journal entries...

I like that idea! Tho it might get annoying to always notice uncompleted quest... But that'd work!

shadowace

shadowace

The fox in the shadows

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,462 posts
If you guys want a shield I could maybe come up with a quickie model..but I am really busy so try to find someone else to do it, I'll get to it if I can find the time..

jepuliz

jepuliz

Old hand

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 806 posts
I couldn't help with the shield, but I can do the pictures for achievements :D But I just hope that it's possible to make note with a picture pop up when you get one... Because you wanna see that you have got one, and see the picture right away :D If anyone has played Mass Effect on PC, they know what I mean by the importance of pictures, it had text "Achievement Unlocked!" and no more info. That wa worst achievements system I've encountered so far. Fun Achievements though!

Page loaded in: 0.960 seconds