[WIPz] Oblivion PC Achievements

jepuliz

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the wall idea seems nice to me!

imagine a giant wall with shield like icons, each for a different achivment and with a different sing on it (like in TF2 ?:P. They should look more mediveal i think, hhe). At the start they are all gray but when you unlock an achivment, its corrispodant shield/emblem/sign (wathever it would be called) start's glowwing.

That would be awesome!

Haha the glowing part should just be a light before it :). Otherwise we would need an export on animation :P.

I like the shield part...would be perfect if we had a little model for it....

Anyone caring to create a little shield in blender :)?

Wouldn't have the texture part then though....

Shame we cannot just resize the normal shields.. would be a too big of a fps hit ...

Although... you could equip your achievements then haha...

Yeah the wall-idea seems cool, but I think there should also be a Journal Entry where you can check them out too... And equipping your achievements... Imagine huge shield with a picture of smiling Adoring Fan on it... There could be one Shield and when you click one of the Achievement-shields on the wall with it equipped, the picture on that achievement would appear on the shield :blink:

Cool eh? But I doubt that'd work. Just the Achievements would be enough for me but that kind of extra is always welcome! :D

And I might just be able to create shield on Blender, but, I'm reeeaally bad at it. So it'd be really simple one. :D If I'm up to it, I'll post in the next couple of days :D

Haha owk. Good night..

Doesn't matter. the more simple the shield is, the better. That way we can add many of them..

We could create a sort of achievement-quest, only with no journal entries... so the players isn't troubled with endless stages..

although you already have the arena, 4/5 of the time... so it wouldn't actually matter at all :)

After doing the shield for about an hour, I noticed, that I suck at using blender, and that somehow I messed the edges up. Great. I'd suggest someone else do those xD It was really that awful I don't want to post even a picture here.

If you guys want a shield I could maybe come up with a quickie model..but I am really busy so try to find someone else to do it, I'll get to it if I can find the time..

I couldn't help with the shield, but I can do the pictures for achievements :D But I just hope that it's possible to make note with a picture pop up when you get one... Because you wanna see that you have got one, and see the picture right away :D If anyone has played Mass Effect on PC, they know what I mean by the importance of pictures, it had text "Achievement Unlocked!" and no more info. That wa worst achievements system I've encountered so far. Fun Achievements though!