Fallout New Vegas 'Application Load Error 5:0000065434' Steam

MrMapower

So, I bought Fallout: New Vegas (On Steam), I got all the mods I wanted, I used 'Nexus Mod Manager' to install them, I got them all compatible, blah-blah-blah...

As soon as I load NVSE (New Vegas Script Extender) it shows me 'Missing Master! Check Mod Load Order'

I did, it's all fine, then I decided to launch the Original Fallout New Vegas Launcher, it gave me 'Application Load Error 5:0000065434'

I downloaded the SKIDROW crack and it didn't work either.

I bought the legit game on steam...

So how do I fix this???!!!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 years later...

Actually very helpful thanks. The CRAZY simple solution that ended up working for me was:

(To clarify, just place a COPY of steam.exe into the data folder... so easy)

BlazE 22 Jul, 2014 @ 7:09am
Well funny thing is i've had NO MODS installed whatsoever, only NVSE, and had this problem.

After trying nearly everything, i found a reather simple fix:

Placed steam.exe into same folder with NV.exe and nvse_loader oO

Last edited by BlazE; 22 Jul, 2014 @ 7:09am

SO

Edited by SinisterPhish

That is useful to know.

However, such a solution suggests to me that this indicates a problem with your install of Steam games. The only reason you would need to copy "steam.exe" is because the addon is not finding the correct path to it. This in turn suggests your registry settings for Steam, it's client, and games are confusing it; something is not as expected. (The Steam install path structure is fairly complicated, and has evolved over time.) But, whatever works. Just something to bear in mind if you encounter further problems getting other addons or Steam games to launch.

-Dubious-

• 6 months later...