Hello,

I have installed the DarkUI'd DarN mod (http://www.nexusmods.com/oblivion/mods/11280/?), and everything is working fine except for certain fonts being too large. I have set up the .ini file, and even tried changing the fonts in it, but nothing seems to have any impact on the fonts that appear. I consistently get fonts that are too big in the same places, and I can't do anything about it. I have searched all over to find a solution, and I have seen many people with the same problem but have never found any answer.

Here is what the customization menu looks like:

As it is I cannot play the game because a fair amount of text is unreadable.

I have even tried looking through the .xml files, but I do not understand much of them so I have been unable to find the cause.

I am playing on windows 8, at 1080p, and I used the manual installation method.

Any help would be appreciated.

and I used the manual installation method.

This is the culprit: you did the manual install, and didn't installed any of the fonts that come bundled and optimiced for DarnUI. The game is still using its own fonts, and as you can see, they're pretty incompatible with DarnUI.

Theortically, DarnUI is compatible with the default fonts, but for some reason, almost every time it simply don't work.

My recommendation is, if you have OBMM, use it to install DarnUI and do the Custom Install, then choose the font and size you prefer. Because I have been looking for a manual fix for this and none of the remedies I found out there (meddling with the ini file, the xml, et cetera) worked.

So unless somebody comes and offers you a working manual remedy, all I can tell you is: completely remove DarnUI from your game, then use OBMM to install it as I mentioned above, and presto.

Cheers!

Anytime, Matey.

I actually can't play Oblivion without the DarnUI nowadays. In fact, I'm so used to it that every time I see a screencap of the vanilla UI, I wonder where that horrible UI mod came from, before realizing that it's not a mod XD

Cheers!