Novice/apprentice spells for 0 magicka with expert/master perks

asorel

Would it be possible to modify the 'Expert [skill]' and and 'Master [skill]' perks of the five arcane skill trees to reduce the magicka costs of novice and apprentice spells, respectively, to 0? I would like to see this in order to balance the fact that martial characters can still attack when out of stamina, but arcane characters are not able to do anything with their respective attribute when it hits 0.

I think that if someone want to make this mod, he should rather make free versions of the low level spells and make them unlockable when you have finished the quests for masters spells. That way he avoid touching the perk tree and his mod would far more compatible with things like skyre and every other mod that modifies or is based on those perks.

Yeah, it'd be pretty easy to do.

I think that if someone want to make this mod, he should rather make free versions of the low level spells and make them unlockable when you have finished the quests for masters spells. That way he avoid touching the perk tree and his mod would far more compatible with things like skyre and every other mod that modifies or is based on those perks.

That'd be majorly overcomplicating things. Two reasons. 1: Compatibility with SkyRe only matters if the requester actually uses it. Why would we bother making sure they're compatible if the person who wants it doesn't even use them both? I've never bothered making sure a mod is compatible with SkyRe because SkyRe is such a massive overhaul that pretty much everything we do would be doubled in complexity. 2: If we want to make them compatible, adding new version of every affected spell would make it more compatible with SkyRe, but LESS compatible with other mods. Specifically, mods which add novice/apprentice spells. They wouldn't be affected. To make them compatible properly, you'd make a manager quest, have the manager quest trigger when the player gets the right perk, and use that to give the player a NEW perk which has all the changes. Or, even better, have the quest give the player the perk immediately, but don't let the perk take effect unless the player has the correct perk.

I think that all might have sounded a bit hostile. It wasn't, really. It was just pointing out 1: why I wouldn't bother and 2: how I'd do it if I did bother.

Xander9009, you appear to be knowledgeable in these matters. Would you be able to create this mod? For reference, I do not use SkyRe, so compatability with it is not required. I do use mods which add spells of Novice and Apprentice skill levels.

Why don't you give it a shot? It really would be an easy task and great first mod. Just open Skyrim and Update in the ck, find the expert destruction perk, open it up. See how it lowers the cost of expert spells and duplicate that for novice spells, but where it multiplies it by 0.5, multiply it by 0. Done. At least, done with expert destruction. Do the same for each other relevant perk. Save along the way so you don't lose progress. If you either have any questions or just want me to do it, then let me know. But I really would suggest at least giving it a shot.

I have found the relevant perk entries in the Creation Kit. Unfortunately, I cannot see the method Bethesda uses to differentiate between the various skill levels of spells. When I attempted to rectify this by viewing both the Master and Expert perks to find the differences, I found no difference in the data placed in the 'Perk Entries' table.

When you have the window open where you can see the 0.50 multiplier, on the left, there are two tabs. One is called Perk Owner, and it's empty. The other is called Spell. In that tab is the condition used to decide which spells are affected. Keep in mind you can't simply duplicate that here. You have to duplicate the whole entry (from the main perk window where you can change the name and description and what-not) and change the new entry to Novice spells and the multiplier to 0.