SecureROM emulation error?

Xenobuzz

I bought the game and the expansion dvd (The Pitt & Operation: Anchorage) for my dad for Father's Day. Last night he sent me this e-mail:

"I installed the game from the DVD last night, got past some bullshit, downloaded and installed the patch, got the game running, and made it to my birthday party before quitting for the night.

Tonite I can't get past the "Conflict with emulation software 2500" error. I tried starting the FalloutLauncher app on the DVD, but that pukes too. Wow - internet support leads you in circles. :-("

I found several answers to the problem. Is downloading the latest patch the best thing to start with?

Dave S.

"Conflict with Emulation Software detected.

Please have a look at http://www.securom.com/message.asp?m=emu&c=2500 for further, more detailed information."

click on fallout 3 to get the help

or just go here >>>> https://support.securom.com/pop_fallout3.html

I've followed the link and it says as follows:

"SecuROM™ has determined that emulation tools like 'Alcohol 120%' or 'Daemon Tools' are running. Please be informed that SecuROM™ protected applications will not work with such tools.

Please unmount your image, close these emulators, and insert the original disc in order to start the application.

dose he have one of them ?

also

According to the official FO3 forums, some SATA Optical Drives can cause this issue.

"Conflict with Emulation Software detected.

Please have a look at http://www.securom.com/message.asp?m=emu&c=2500 for further, more detailed information."

click on fallout 3 to get the help

or just go here >>>> https://support.securom.com/pop_fallout3.html

I've followed the link and it says as follows:

"SecuROM™ has determined that emulation tools like 'Alcohol 120%' or 'Daemon Tools' are running. Please be informed that SecuROM™ protected applications will not work with such tools.

Please unmount your image, close these emulators, and insert the original disc in order to start the application.

dose he have one of them ?

also

According to the official FO3 forums, some SATA Optical Drives can cause this issue.

Neither my dad nor myself understands what "please unmount your image" means.

Also, what emulators should he be looking for and what do they do that interferes with the game?

How would an SATA Optical drive be a factor? I've heard the name before, but don't know how they function.

Dave S.

Neither my dad nor myself understands what "please unmount your image" means.

Image in this case means a Virtual disc, & having that loaded in an emulator is called having it "mounted" In other words SecureROM thinks your dad is pirate

Also, what emulators should he be looking for and what do they do that interferes with the game?

I personally wont mention any by name, What they do is scare the copy-protection ie "SecureROM"

How would an SATA Optical drive be a factor? I've heard the name before, but don't know how they function.

SATA is just a type internal connection interface like IDE, Sony the maker of SecureROM isn't forthcoming on what the problem there is.

Dave S.

Bolded by Skotte

securom is a software designed to prevent the user to make copies of the dvd (even tho this is not illegal in itself)

furthermore it has the nasty habits of checking your computer for other software which might be a threat to its job like certain cd/dvd burning programs or emulators (they fake a dvd by using a file which contains all the info a dvd/cd contains)

sadly the thugs at securom still dont know how to properly program a piece of software which doesnt screw its customers,

for example can securom detect a dvd drive and think that it is a virtual dvd drive from one of these emulation programs it tries to block

if this happens it will display that it found somin on your computer it doesnt like and will not allow you to play the game anymore

now you have a bunch of options:

reformat your pc and reinstall windows, just uninstalling cd bruning software and emulators might not work as they often leave traces in the registry and other secret places, this wont work if your dvd drive is the culprit

unplug your dvd drive, which sadly will prevent you from playing the game lol

get a cracked executable, meaning youll have to face the risk of getting a virus but you might be lucky and get a file in which securom was removed

publicly spreading such executable might be illegal in your state, creating and aquiring them from a friend on the other hand cant be due to the basics of the code civil and the owners right to do as one pleases with ones property

if you are a us citizen you have quite a good chance of suing these bastards for a breach of contract, you bought the game which no where specifies which dvd drives and programs it doesnt like and wont work with and thus were tricked into buying somin that doesnt work

furthermore you could therefore sue them for:

false information,

organized fraud,

the loss of time and thus possible earnings cause you wasted your time on it trying to figure out what went wrong,

false accusation (they say you want to create illegal copies of the game and spread them just because you own a dvd burning software),

willful damage to property (your pc and dvd drive can take damage from the invasive method used to determine if you use emulators or burning software)

if you have the time, sue em...

unplug your dvd drive, which sadly will prevent you from playing the game lol

It will? I never had to have a disc in drive. My copy, even though fairly recently bought, was old enough to still have the "do not stock until.." label on it. (that best buy apparently didn't sell very many, or ended up with other stores' old stock! :D) It had the original, 1.0 release on dvd.

Seems strange that a disc check would be added later. Usually as a game ages, if protections are changed at all they get removed. What version does your dad have?

I wonder if the OP ever found a solution. It's kinda puzzling to me since I have Daemon Tools running AND never had to have the disc (virtual or physical ;)) in drive to play.