Mod Organizer Not Loading Mods

Beas7ie

Due to having problems with NMM messing up my game I decided to switch over to Mod Organizer. I uninstalled and reinstalled Skyrim, Steam, Boss, and NMM. I installed MO and got it working. I download all my mods to MO, I run Boss and organize my mods and then launch the SKSE from MO. The game starts but there's one huge problem.

It just launches the vanilla game with no mods. Is there any fix for this?

Due to having problems with NMM messing up my game I decided to switch over to Mod Organizer. I uninstalled and reinstalled Skyrim, Steam, Boss, and NMM. I installed MO and got it working. I download all my mods to MO, I run Boss and organize my mods and then launch the SKSE from MO. The game starts but there's one huge problem.

It just launches the vanilla game with no mods. Is there any fix for this?

Are you sure that you ticked the mods in your mod list? If not it does not load any of the files.

• 1 month later...

You have to run skyrim from Mod Organizer or you will load with no mods. So load MO, in the top right there is a drop down list. Click it, make sure there is an "SKSE", (if there isn't then you have to add it.) Select SKSE then hit "run". That is the way to run skyrim with MO.

If SKSE isn't on the drop-down list: hit drop down list, select "edit", type SKSE in the title, in the binary copy paste the filename path for skse_loader.exe

Make sure you click on the "add" button or it won't save. Enjoy.

Edited by Arlith83

I'm having the same problem. None of the mods that I've installed work. It just opens Vanilla. I've tried only using mods that are instantly noticeable(i.e SkyUI, Live Another Life, etc), with no other mods installed, I've tried moving my ModOrganizer folder around, into my Skyrim/Data folder, etc.. but nothing has worked.

My MO directory paths are all fine(I changed them whenever I moved the folder as well), my mods, plugins, etc are all enabled, I've checked for conflicts and everything.

I've tried re-installing SKSE, re-installing MO, deleting my skyrim.ini and skyrimprefs.ini, and yes, I am launching Skyrim from MO with SKSE selected, and I am using the workaround NMM version as mentioned on the mod page.

The last thing that I tried was re-installing Skyrim entirely, along with deleting all of my saves(I was going to delete them and make a new one anyways), and deleting all of the .ini files and everything. That didn't work either. I'm really at a loss. :/

EDIT: I fixed it. After I re-installed Skyrim, I also had to re-install SKSE, and then when I tried to use NMM again(after re-installing it), I was getting an error in-game telling me that SKSE wasn't found, so I ended up having to run skse_loader.exe as administrator to get it to work(then I set it to always run as admin in properties), so then I tried to use Mod Organizer again after fixing it, and now it works. The only downside is that Mod Organizer prompts you if you want to open it every time.

Edited by Vaaskar

• 6 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I'm having this problem as well. With MO and SKSE I'm getting no mods at all. It's like pure vanilla Skyrim.

I've asked about it on reddit but have no idea what's going on. You can see that thread heret:

http://www.reddit.com/r/skyrimmods/comments/2h0m6j/mo_skse_does_nothing_what_am_i_doing_wrong/ckp6exy

As far as I can tell I've installed everything as it should be.

Any ideas?

Edited by kevinergy

• 1 year later...
  • 7 months later...