The Elder Scrolls V:Daggerim

Japanga

• Description:

Daggerim is a mod that is currently being planned and i'm requesting all the help i can get to help with this big project.

• Goal:

To recreate Daggerfall in Skyrim and have all the upsides of Skyrim with the Upsides of Daggerfall.

• Tasks:

40%: Monsters/Creatures

0%: Main Quest/Side Quest

0%: Landscaping

0%: Weapons/Armor

0%: Modeling/Texturing

0%: Voice Acting

0%: Scripting

• Members:

Owner:

Japanga

Co-Owner(The one that adds everything to the game):

Monsters/Creatures Designers:

Main Quest/Side Quest Developers:

Landscapers:

Weapons/Armor Developers:

Modelers:

Texturers:

Voice Actors:

Scripters:

Supporters:

• Signing up for Daggerim

To sign up firstly one will need to say what task they want. And show them an example of their work.

Example:

Hey i'd like to be a Modeler:

Here's some of my samples

*MODEL PICTURE*

*MODEL PICTURE*

*MODEL PICTURE*

Post them in their respective topic in the fourms on this Website.

• Thanks

Thank you for viewing this Topic.

Edited by Japanga

Are you planning on remaking the whole game to scale? That might be impossible since it is far too big. Even separating it by provinces would still be too much for the engine to handle I think...and not to mention it would take ages to bring each place to the level of detail seen in Skyrim.

I am guessing you are just making a landmass of High Rock and Hammerfell proportionate to Skyrim with only the major cities (Daggerfall, Wayrest, Sentinel, and Orcinium), and maybe some random towns and dungeons like Privateer's Hold and whatnot. Then filling the world with some custom enemies and NPCs that would be similar to the originals. This would be the best approach, I think...

As you may guess, I am a huge fan of Daggerfall. It is the game that brought me into the series way back when.

Best of luck on this project!

PS. Have you seen the Daggerxl project? They aim to remake Daggerfall in its entirety in a modern engine.

Are you planning on remaking the whole game to scale? That might be impossible since it is far too big. Even separating it by provinces would still be too much for the engine to handle I think...and not to mention it would take ages to bring each place to the level of detail seen in Skyrim.

I am guessing you are just making a landmass of High Rock and Hammerfell proportionate to Skyrim with only the major cities (Daggerfall, Wayrest, Sentinel, and Orcinium), and maybe some random towns and dungeons like Privateer's Hold and whatnot. Then filling the world with some custom enemies and NPCs that would be similar to the originals. This would be the best approach, I think...

As you may guess, I am a huge fan of Daggerfall. It is the game that brought me into the series way back when.

Best of luck on this project!

PS. Have you seen the Daggerxl project? They aim to remake Daggerfall in its entirety in a modern engine.

That's mostly how it will go. I haven't heard of Daggerxl nope.

And thank you for the support :)

The max size a worldspace can be in Skyrim is 128x128 cells. Or, I should say, the max playable area is 128x128 cells. If you go outside those 128x128 cells, things will start to act weird. NPCs will glitch out, activators will stop working, etc. This is because of a bug in Skyrim's physics engine. I don't know if you already knew about this or not, but I'm telling you anyway. Just in case.

This means that your landscape heightmap can be max 4096x4096 pixels (in comparison, Skyrim's heightmap is 3809x3009 pixels).

Just wanted to warn you before you start working on the heightmap. I'm from the Beyond Skyrim project and our heightmap was originally way bigger than 4096x4096 pixels. And then we discovered the worldspace bug and had to split it up into smaller worldspaces. And that sucks.

Good luck!

Edited by AlbinoPolarBear

I just a question to others, as I was about to start a thread on something that related to Daggerfall.

I figured my question would also apply to this mod.

Question:

Can we as Skyrim modders port assets from Daggerfall? [which is now a free to download game provided by Bethesda]. I know we cannot do this with Morrowind and Oblivion [which are still being sold]; but I thought since Daggerfall is free, the permission may differ.

I ask as I want to port some "Books" [just the text] from Daggerfall and use them in a mod I am currently working on. If it's not kosher, then that is fine; but I wanted to check with the community first. Thanks!

Edited by UWShocks

I just a question to others, as I was about to start a thread on something that related to Daggerfall.

I figured my question would also apply to this mod.

Question:

Can we as Skyrim modders port assets from Daggerfall? [which is now a free to download game provided by Bethesda]. I know we cannot do this with Morrowind and Oblivion [which are still being sold]; but I thought since Daggerfall is free, the permission may differ.

I ask as I want to port some "Books" [just the text] from Daggerfall and use them in a mod I am currently working on. If it's not kosher, then that is fine; but I wanted to check with the community first. Thanks!

Daggerfall uses Sprites and more Old-School features.

Skyrim uses Models and Textures of High Resolution.

If we did port assets from daggerfall it would look really funky.

The Project will need to be done from Scratch without using Assets from the OG Game.

The book Texts is possible to be used however.

It is possible to use them yes. But there is no use for them.(Excluding the book Texts)

Edited by Japanga