Breezehome broken?

Lynnmcd

Hi all,

Finally decided to pay my 5K to buy Whiterun but it CTD everytime I try to open the door. I don't have any mods affecting this home so I have no idea why it won't let me in. It's been awhile in-game since I became thane I just didn't need or want the house. But there's a book in it I need for the UFO mod so I purchased it...but can't get in! I tried to do a console disable/enable lock/unlock thing but no go. Hints? Thanks!!

Edited by Lynnmcd

Are you using any Unofficial Patches witch is a Must and or do you have Hearthfire.

Hi Dave....Yes to both: I have unofficial patches for Skyrim, Dragonborn and Hearthfire and I also, logically, have the DB and HF DLCs. What is the conflict?

You say you dont have any mods but just out of curiosity, do you by any chance have Immersive Castle Volkihar Mod, other then that i dont know what is cuasing your CTD

Nope...don't have it. I really don't have anything added on to it or occupying the same piece of real estate. :-( but thanks for the thought!

• 2 weeks later...

The problem your having is Hearthfire it reeks havoc (pardon the pun) with Breezehome the navmesh that is normally used with Breezehome is being replaced when running hearthfire dlc there is a patch to correct this. >http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/27053/?

BTW you don't necessarly have to have something "occupying" the same cell to have problems all you need is a mod or DLC with dirty edits to cause problems.

P.S. You seem very new to modding and may have never used TES5Edit and or know how to clean a mod with it. there is a tutorial showing how to do this, it might help in your case with conflict between Breezehome and hearthfire. , which is strange as of the most recent version of Skyrim with all the DLC content running i've never had problems entering or leaving the vanilla Breezehome.

• 1 year later...

I've been having a similar problem with breezehome as well. I have the DLC's and their patches along with several other mods which I have disabled. The difference is when I try to go into Breezehome, it doesn't CTD it just brings up the blank load page and freezes. I've tried the ctd fix on nexus but it doesn't do anything. is there any way to fix this or is this just happening to me?