2K - HD Textures Won't Load After Multiple Fix Attempts

smi1ey

I played Skyrim like crazy when it first came out, and used tons of mods from the fine artists at the Nexus to make it look incredible. I recently decided to pick the game back up. Having deleted the game files and all related mods and content, I'm starting from scratch.

That said, I have been scouring the internet for a way to get the 2K - HD mod to work, including many posts on this forum, and I can't for the life of me get it to work. Here is what I have tried:

- installing via NMM

- installing manually

- using different zip programs to unpack the manually downloaded files (for some reason winrar wasn't unzipping some of them properly)

- checked my graphics card control panel to ensure high quality is set for textures

- made sure all skyrim settings are set to max

- enabled loose files loading in skyrim.ini (long shot)

- have disabled pretty much every other graphics-related mod in NMM

- physically went into my steamapps/skyrim/data folder and verified that the textures in there are the 2K textures

- tried with HD patch on and off via NMM

- tried installing previous version of mod. same issue.

I am at the end of my rope here. How in the world are the textures not showing up in-game when i can go to the texture folders and see them there!? Everything still looks crappy as hell, and I have absolutely no idea why it's not working. Other mods, like those that improve character models, food and books, etc work fine, but the main 2K HD mods don't work at all.

Any suggestions? Sorry that this is a redundant question, but I've read the various other posts (some that end in a resolution), and none of those solutions have worked for me. Thanks!

wish i could help. in all honesty im not sure if mine are working either.

the mod author seems hell bent on not being active or providing proper troubleshooting on his page.

all i know is NMM doesn't work and it has to be manually extracted.

Edited by CapNKirkland

Hey that's as good an answer as any. At least you confirmed that NMM is busted. I wonder if using an older version of the mod will work? I'll try that right now, as sometimes there's a version conflict with newer versions of Skytim. I'll update my main post if I try it with no luck.

update: didn't work.

yeah, but even downloading manually AND installing it manually doesn't make it work. downloading mods is never an issue. if it doesn't work in NMM then just download the manual file and add it. but sadly, that still doesn't make this mod work.

that's exactly what i did. see original post where i say i tried "installing manually." i literally checked the textures to ensure they were the 2k ones, and everything still looks crappy as hell in my game. that's why i'm so confused. it seems skyrim is defaulting to low textures, but i don't know where it's getting them.

• 2 years later...