Hey guys and gals, I want to make a mod, but I'm a noob at using the creation kit. All I want to do is get a base armor and edit it to make it look all nice and fancy/badass. I can't find a tutorial on the inanet doh. All the ones I found online are garbage and don't help me.

I've used the CK before but I just made followers and npc mods. But the are boring and rather useless to me and others, so I want to try something new. Just how do I do the following things:

1.How the s#*! do I start and where?

2.After I start just what is next?

3.How do I edit say... Steel Plate armor and add or take away (if you know what I mean... lol jk) from it like add sections of other armor and stuff?

4.Do I fricken need Autodesk 3ds max to do all this because I'm not paying 3,000 bucks to make a damn mod.

5.If above is needed I'm f*#@ed and not a modder. I WANT TO CREATE THINGS!!!!

So just, if you could, give me a step by step tutorial to help me do this. I have great ideas and am very creative when it comes to stuff like this.

Everything you need can be obtained for free. There are free alternatives to AutoDeck 3DS Max. However, I don't know nearly well enough how to do it (I've tried repeatedly but that's the single area of modding I just cannot, for the life of me, manage). But I can at least answer that question. If I remember right, you can do most of it with a combination of Gimp, NifSkope, and another one which I don't remember. Basic tutorial if you haven't already seen it: http://www.creationkit.com/Retexture_Tutorial