For the freakin' love of Akatosh, can we get Fast Travel Disabled

Kuldebar

OK, so it appears that mods that Disable Fast Travel no longer work due to some Skyrim Patch...(the script dragon one does still) but running a separate script utility isn't ideal..

And the the console command enablefasttravel 0 only works until you enter a new cell.

The lovely mod (which I use) Better Fast Travel - Carriages and Ships - Overhauled by Dj20 and Sp0rk has a disable fast travel toggle in the MCM...but it is non functional.

So, why can't I just ignore fast travel and not use it?

Because a feckin box pops up on my map whenever I click on a POI...it's kind of hard to ignore, I want taht box to go away.

So, any ideas or mod suggestions?

OK, I found a mod:

Immersive Travel - No Fast Travel by DrNegative

It's very fairly recent (Uploaded at 5:10, 6 Oct 2013) and hasn't got a lot of attention, but it works!

"This mod disables the fast travel option within the game. Even though you could simply abstain from doing it in game, this mod is targeted at those (and myself) who take comfort in the fact that they never had a choice. It is a small mod and was made due to the fact that several other mods that do this on Nexus are no longer updated, are absent of minor tweaks I prefer, and/or are not compatible with Dawnguard/Dragonborn."

Now curiously, all my previous web and Nexus searches never hit upon this nexus file, I only ran across it when I went for "most recent" on the nexus search.

19 endorsements, 1008 total downloads...