Bugged Buildings/Doors - Can't enter (nor can NPCs)

Vonatar74

I have been playing a new character and have reached lv 21. I noticed yesterday that a couple of buildings have become inaccessible. For example the Riverwood Trader - Lucian and Camilla just stand outside trying to open the door endlessly and never make it inside. If I try to open the door, nothing happens. Same with Belethor's in Whiterun where he is stuck by the back door trying to open it, and I can't open it either. Arcadia's is the same, nothing happens when I try the door.

Other buildings seem to be fine, these are just the ones I noticed so far.

I have tried verfiying the game cache, removing my ini files and letting Steam create new ones, and today I did a wipe a fresh install of my Data folder and reinstalled some of my mods (they key ones to not break my saved game). I waited in an interior cell for 30 days afterwards, but the problem is still there. It's strange because I have been using more or less the same mods for previous playthroughs.

Anyone have any ideas? My mod list and load order is below:

Skyrim.esm
Update.esm
Unofficial Skyrim Patch.esp
Dawnguard.esm
Unofficial Dawnguard Patch.esp
HearthFires.esm
Unofficial Hearthfire Patch.esp
Dragonborn.esm
Unofficial Dragonborn Patch.esp
ApachiiHairMales.esm
ClimatesOfTamriel.esm
SPIKE.esm
HighResTexturePack01.esp
HighResTexturePack02.esp
HighResTexturePack03.esp
Unofficial High Resolution Patch.esp
Chesko_Frostfall.esp
DYNAVISION Dynamic Depth of Field.esp
SkyUI.esp
iHUD.esp
Cloaks.esp
Cloaks - Dawnguard.esp
1nivWICCloaks.esp
1nivWICSkyCloaksPatch.esp
DragonbornArmorFix.esp
hothtrooper44_ArmorCompilation.esp
Immersive Weapons.esp
ImmersiveArmorsNPCs.esp
SkyRe_Main.esp
SkyRe_Combat.esp
SkyRe_CraftingFix.esp
SkyRe_EncounterZones.esp
SkyRe_EnemyAI.esp
SkyRe_EnemyScaling.esp
SkyRe_StandingStones.esp
SkyRe_Survivalism.esp
Convenient Horses.esp
ClimatesOfTamriel-Dawnguard-Patch.esp
ClimatesOfTamriel-Dragonborn-Patch.esp
ClimatesOfTamriel-Nights-Level-2.esp
AmazingFollowerTweaks.esp
SkyRe_Races.esp
Warburg's 3D Paper World Map - Texture 2.esp
ReProccer.esp
ReProccerNONPLAYERfix.esp
ReProccerDragonborn.esp

Tonight I started a new game, with the same mod list and after getting inside Helgen Keep I used coc to travel to both Riverwood and Whiterun. It seems all of the doors that are bugged in my other game were fine in the new game. Therefore I am wondering what could have happened to my saved game to bug these doors?

I tried the save game cleaner mod to see if it would help to remove any redundant scripts in my saved game that might be causing the problem, but that didn't help unfortunately.

Does anyone have any ideas? I would hate to lose my saved game over it and am concerned that if I keep playing more doors will become like this and stop me from progressing.

In over 500 hours of playthroughs with various mods I have never had this problem before!

• 3 weeks later...

This has happened to me as well. Not only can the NPCs enter nut neither can the dragonborn. It is any business the has lock-out hours.

The problem does accumulate. I started with a couple of locations, and it has progressed to all of Riften, and some of Whiterun.

I compared your MOD list to mine. The only common MOD we have is "iHud". I tried disabling it, but it didn't help.

It looks like a corrupted file?

Can anyone help? Does anyone know which files specifically control the function of doors in Skyrim?

It appears to be a saved game issue. Corruption in the file at some point.

I had to go back 200 saves before I found a stored game that allowed me and the NPCs to access buildings. That wipes out about 40 completed quests for me. :(

I assume this is not an editable file.

Open up the console and click the door in question, then type 'lock 1' into the console. This will set the door to a Novice Lock.
You may want to type tai into the console too if you're in the open to turn off AI processing, so you won't get in trouble for picking the lock.
Anyway, just see if you can interact with the door if it's locked.
Might work.

• 1 month later...

I have also been having this problem, or something like it. At first only the npcs couldn't or wouldn't interact with the doors. Most of the time though if I waited or pushed them they would eventually. Then, randomly I couldn't access some doors. Now, I can't access any door that is locked.

However, if I lock a door using the command console that was previously unlocked, I can unlock it just fine. The reverse is true for locked doors, so If I unlock them using the command console, I still can't interact with them...

• 3 months later...

Hey guys, is there any update to this or any fixes ? my glitch is at the college of winterhold in the hall of the elements. npcs can not use the main door to exit to skyrim nor can i, which is beyond annoying because not only can they not leave and do there day to day activities, but they all just congest at that location.
ive tried installing mods like immersive college of winterhold and stuff but it doesnt seem to help. :(

Hey guys, is there any update to this or any fixes ? my glitch is at the college of winterhold in the hall of the elements. npcs can not use the main door to exit to skyrim nor can i, which is beyond annoying because not only can they not leave and do there day to day activities, but they all just congest at that location.
ive tried installing mods like immersive college of winterhold and stuff but it doesnt seem to help. :sad:

• 9 months later...

No one found any solutions for this ?? :S:S , can anyone at least tell if you start a new game will it start to happen again. I would feel stupid if i tought its a save game corrupt and then put another 40 hours in a new one only for the bug to start again.