Boris looking at Safety Load Fix, Show Support!

Aminados

You never had CTD when you open an in-game menu or graphical glitches in the in-game menus while using SkyUI and Safety Load, ever??

I've (rarely) experienced CTDs when opening the map menu or the main menu, long before Safety-Load came into existence.

Never used ENB.

Well I've had this game for close to a year now, never had In-game menu CTD or Graphical Gliches until Safety Load hit my load order. I play it nearly every day and sometimes for 5 or 6 hours.

I've always used ENB and it's ENBBoost features since their existence.

I've managed to clock some hours in Skyrim for the past 2 weeks. Made a character that went from level 1 to 50. If total number of hours played were to be averaged on a daily basis, it would be equivalent to 4 hours or so per day. I've experienced exactly one CTD,

Just because 'some' or 'many' (which are completely arbitrary numbers) users say their game appears to be more stable in the absence of either SkyUI or Safety Load, does not mean SkyUI or Safety Load causes CTDs.

Edited by ripple

It would make sense that the modifications made by safety load patch out/skip a certain function under certain conditions, where calling this function could otherwise cause ILS. However, this has also unwanted side effects like breaking the allocator for UI-related stuff, under certain conditions. I assume it's related to thread-safety, since the original ILS are also threading-related.

I think you should follow the link to the Boris thread and tell him that, it might be of use to him.

If that is true, then Skyrim should crash without any ENB or Mods. So... I'm going to start a new game only with SKSE and Safety Load, I'm also going to increase ugrids to make crash more likely and it should crash in the in-game menus. Should I skip Unofficial patches?

or

Something else that I'm thinking is to remove the ENB from Skyrim dir and test because those of you that don't crash all have this in common.

Edited by Aminados