Ok, I imagine it's been asked but I honestly couldn't find anything searching for staff animations other than mods I already have.

So, I'm using immersive animations and yy mystic knight in that order with dual sheath redux and yy zweihander animation. Now the issue is I have is with staffs on my back. I can draw greatswords but staffs still just magicly ;) appear in my hand. I don't reach back to get it or to put it back as I do with the greatsword. Now I've googled what animation is used for staffs and came up with nothing (I assume that's because it's only via dual sheath redux that I can do it and there is no staff specific draw/sheath animation to edit) is there no staff draw/sheath animation at all or is this an issue on my end?

Also I'm pretty sure it's not but is it possible to use the mystic knight draw/sheath animation for the sword on hip and the sword and back one as well? i.e have it so dual swords go on back but single ones go on the hips or maybe left hand gets sheathed/drawn from the back and right gets the mystic knight version? I looked through the options in immersive animations and they seem close (1 sword on back one not but I'm not sure if thats just with sword/dagger) but I'm not sure if it would work.

Sorry if this is a daft or over asked question btw, any help would be much appreciated however.

• 1 year later...
  • 5 months later...

As far as i know, the animation files used for staff draw and sheat are

staffright_equip.HKX

stf_equip.HKX

stf_unequip.HKX

Those 3 files seems to work only when dual wielding with staves.

mlh_equip.HKX

mlh_unequip.HKX

mrh_equip.HKX

mrh_unequip.HKX

I'm using FNIS, and those 4 files don't seem to control magic hand draw and sheat at all, but seems to work for staff

After, several tries, it appears that for staff draw and sheat animation to work in all cases, all those files must be modified.

Unfortunately, staff is considered magic by skyrim, Even if you try to change those files, staves will be equiped instantly and appear directly in your hand or your back as the draw or sheat animation start.

The game is looking at what is in the right hand to choose the draw animation, so it is possible to use a staff in the left hand, and any other weapon in the right hand, and then have an draw animation that draw correctly the staff for the left hand.

I don't know if it is possible not to equip magic instantly by editing behavior file or... anything else.

Edited by Evilou