High Res Skin Textures for HGEC

TheNoodles

I'm not entirely sure what the problem is. It doesn't really make a whole lot of sense. Using HGEC default textures work just fine, but when I install the high res texture pack, the characters lose and sort of texture they had on the front, and the back turns into this kind of splotchy looking thing. Hard for me to explain, other than no texture on the front and messed up texture on the back.

However, if I load up the texture in photoshop and resave it using default .dds photoshop plugin settings, it works just fine. Using the omod .nif viewer for the meshes, it loads the textures up just fine, so I really have no idea what the problem is.

If anyone would like screenshots, let me know.

Copied from the comment thread:

@Demontrace

I have the exact same problem. I just finished playing around with the DDS plugin for Photoshop, and it appears the problem has something to do with the compression.

Now, I've never made a skin or model for this game at all, so I have no idea what these settings are, but I opened up one of the texture files and resaved it, completely unedited, using all default settings. It took about 5 minutes just to save it, so there's no way in hell I'm going to do that for every texture, but it worked when it was done.

I'm wondering if it's an incompatibility issue with the current HGEC version we're using, or perhaps a graphics card setting. Hell, maybe it's a severely out of date driver issue.

(I'm using a GeForce 8800GTS 640mb, btw)

Edit: Updating drivers did nothing. Trying an older version of HGEC (1.17) did nothing. Pretty annoying. Don't understand why it wouldn't work, unless there was some incompatibility between the mesh .nif files and the texture .dds files, but still wouldn't make sense because it seems many people installed this with no problems.

Edit2: using the OMOD .nif viewer, and looking at the femaleupperbody.nif, it appears to be loading the high res texture just fine, so it must be something ingame. Are there any specific game settings that must be used? I noticed there was a texture size option, but it only has Large, Medium, and Small. I would imagine Large would be 1024x1024, so is there another required mod to increase the texture size to 4096 (or even 2048, which isn't working for me either)?

Using textures as they are from the pack = not working

Opening textures in Photoshop and resaving them using default .dds settings = working, but takes about 5 minutes per file

Anyone have the slightest idea what the problem might be?

Bumping to say I've fixed the problem, just in case anyone else was wondering:

To fix it:

Open up OBMM > Utilities Button > Archive Invalidation

Select BSA Invalidation mode

Check Textures and Meshes

Check Only Include files which already exist in a BSA Archive (checked by default)

Check Only include files with matching extensions (again, I think it's checked by default)

Press Update Now