Mod questions.

TheUnluckyAdventurer

Hello there lucky and unlucky adventurers of Tammriel!

First of all, if i failed opening this post here, im very sorry ^^ .

Lemme introduce myself.

Im J.D Valentine, aka Jason or here in the forums " The Unlucky Adventurer!" .

I opened this post or thread to ask for some help of the most amazing skyrim players i've been reading :tongue:

I recently bought a new personal computer, and i wondered how to test it. I decided to run Skyrim, even though is not one of the most graphic thirsty games ever, but i wanted to put it in ultra mode and make that gpu spin a little (like "DEMACIAAAAA" ). But results ingame sadly dissapointed me.

Now my question (or a couple of them) is:

What's the best graphics mod for skyrim? I want some really good appearance for the game. Swords, lands, even the damn dogs! :3

What do you smart guys suggest me to rock this new gaming machine of mine ? :3

Thanks for your time, have a nice day / night!

P.S: I'd appreciate whatever suggestion you might make, i never played Skyrim with mods, but i think is about time, it got boring already xD

Simply go look at the Top Mods of all time under the Files button on the Skyrim Nexus home page. You will find the most popular mods listed there. It's pretty easy to go through the list and pick out what you want.

Just keep in mind that while some mods are more popular than others it does not mean they are a better mod. A lot of mods on that list are subject to personal taste.

I use a few rules. Don't go nuts with texture mods. While 4k will look nice its a resource hog. 2k looks as good and much easier on your system. Always install the Unofficial patches before anything else. These will save you from having to deal with a lot of glitches Bethesda never fixed. And the biggest rule is never ever remove a mod part way through a game. You will break your save so its unplayable. Even putting the mod back will not fix the problem most of the time.

With all that being said here is what I would recommend.

Texture Mods:

Skyrim HD - 2K Textures by NebuLa

Static Mesh Improvement Mod - SMIM by Brumbek

aMidianBorn Book of Silence by CaBaL- EmeraldReign-the AMB team

Pure Waters by Laast

Misc. Mods to make game play more user friendly:

SkyUI by SkyUI Team

A Quality World Map - With Roads by IcePenguin

Glowing Ore Veins 300 by Baratan

Immersive HUD - iHUD by Gopher

EZ2C Dialogue Menu - configurable - better navigation and control by steve40 and Deathless Aphrodite

Amazing Follower Tweaks by Dheuster

I won't go into body, body textures, or armor mods. Those are all subject to your tastes.

Look into ENBs for Skyrim. It will make your game gorgeous and cut your fps in half :tongue: One of most taxing ones would be Somber ENB and Saaran Suum ENB. You can find those on nexus together with installation manual.

I have made some mod and ENB suggestions in this thread:

http://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/1331033-which-enb-for-convincing-sunlight/

Oh, and you will want for sure:

Skyrim Ultra HD Texture Pack containing Realistic Mushrooms. The moment you find yourself in cave full of mushrooms. Priceless!!!

PS: There might be no dogs, but you get bear traps... lol

Edit: Nope, sorry. They have dogs in Skyrim Ultra HD after all :laugh: If you want more mods with silly level of detail let me know.

Edited by BlackRoseOfThorns