[LE] Bosmer Playthrough?

Hello, I am, to my understanding, a pretty average Skyrim player, with a tiny interest and understanding of actually creating mods and using the Creation Kit.

I've always been a fan of playing Bosmer, simply due to their appearance, which appeals greatly to me, the kind of rough and wild hairstyles making me especially happy. I only just recently decided to read up on Bosmer lore, and found out about the Green Pact and all sorts of stuff.[1]

After reading up on the lore, I found myself wanting to attempt the same in Skyrim, I imagined a Bosmer going to Skyrim as an almost religious challenge, attempting to avoid any damage to plantlife and living off her slain foes, using no wood for weaponry and the like.

Therefore I decided to write up some vague concepts for a mod, that with my limited ability, I would be able to create.

Basically:

• Smithing is limited to bone, leather and extensive training is required to smith powerful weapons.
  • Bows are craftable, albeit only bones made from bone or pure metals. (Models I could fetch from a different modder's mod, after getting permission)
  • Animals could drop bones (If they don't already, I haven't noticed, really) and be used in crafting.
  • Armor from the Bosmer Armor Pack would be craftable using perks in the smithing tree. (And therefore this mod would require that mod)
  • Arrows ought to be craftable as well, in a bone or pure metal variant.
  • Ordinary metal armors and even some leathery ones would be unavailable in the crafting menu, as I don't envision this Bosmer being capable of such fine metalwork, even with the training he could receive in Skyrim.

In addition to this self-made mod to enhance my playthrough, I was planning on adding some arbitrary limitations, such as:

• No plants used in Alchemy
  • Melee fighting is a last resort, only
  • Fire magic, and most area of effect spells are too dangerous, as they might harm plantlife. (Calm and Frenzy spells would still be available)
  • Install some primary needs mod, so I'd have to deal with sleep and food, which might create interesting effects on a strictly meat-diet.

Now, for the reason I'm posting this post, and especially in the modding section.

This is what I've come up with so far, and I'd love to hear if it is something that might interest anyone, or if anyone would like to add a thought or two, especially on the modding subject, perhaps some ideas to what else I could change, like making wooden items actually unplayable or anything, for an extra challenge.

PS: I understand that Bosmeri religion and the Green Pact do not remove use of wood altogether, but I envision this character simply taking on a challenge, because she's that insane.

PPS: Are Spriggans technically plantlife?

Edited by tmh47

• 3 years later...