MyrmicaMod

SO

I got the RND mod a little while ago and one of the things that can happen is that drinking too much booze will make your character drunk.

Really drunk characters trip, fall, pass out, ect

When you are really drunk and switch to 3rd person your character will kind of slow stumble a few feet before movement stops and you can no longer move (unless you equip weapons or switch to 1st person).

My issue is now that my character is sober he will walks drunk in 3rd person. Constantly wobbling and after a few steps just completely stopping movement.

Works fine switching back into 1st but I normally like to travel in 3rd person.

I tried getting him re-drunk in hopes that this time when he sobered he would walk normal but no good. He still walks funny in 3rd person.

I removed all mods from the game (except Interesting NPC so avoid losing all items my NPC was holding) and it's still drunk walking in 3rd.

help!

• 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...

Greetings from the far flung future. In the distant land of 2016, I was playing skyrim through my neural link vr headset only to find the same issue before my cybernetic eyes. As I scoured the internet's ancient archives for information on this rare bug, I only found this thread on the subject, which was disappointingly useless. But, I was able to solve the problem on my own, and figured I'd try and help the next poor soul who finds themselves here. So anyway, here's what I did.

(make a save backup)

Clean rnd

remove rnd

make a new save

used the save game script cleaner(http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/52363) to clean the new save (I'm not sure if this was necessary. Anyway, "clean the save" here meant just doing the FixScriptInstances -> Delete all # -> save thing)

reload the new save game, reenabling rnd

open the console and execute "player.playidle idledrunkstop"

and this seemed to fix things. Its kind of hackish, so its possible I broke something, but I don't think so. Anyway, that last console command is the real meat and potatoes of the fix, the only trouble was the game would crash when I did it on my first save file. So I went to another save where I had already tried fixing the issue with the whole save cleaning fresh rnd song and dance, used the console command there, and that didn't crash. So, I guess your mileage may vary on every part of this except for the console command.

• 4 months later...

JessieGY, thank you so much for the solution!

I've had the same problem, but I use iNeed rather then RND. Google only came up with this thread no matter what search terms I used. Anyway, I just used the "player.playidle idledrunkstop" console command and the problem went away.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Holyyyyyyyyyyyyshit thank you........ I tried going through console commands before hoping this would work but gave up before I found it. I just needed perseverance!

It fixed another bug i caught which prompted solving this first. I had a sprinting problem- player movement was delaying briefly, like a stagger, then lunging forward a few steps before walking again.. couldnt sprint in first person! And third was forever drunk. This worked and fixed both problems. Omg thank.you.

Im blaming iNeed.... "player.playidle idledrunkstop" fixed both. THank you

• 4 months later...
  • 3 years later...
  • 1 year later...