760 2gb in SLI? Or a single 770 4gb?

Dkboy24

Hey everyone! I want to play my heavily modded Skyrim without stutters or FPS loss in densely rendered areas. I currently am running a single EVGA GeForce 760 2gb card and was thinking of buying a 2nd one for SLI.

But I got to thinking.. I think my main issue is my vRam and not my graphics so would it be better to buy a single 770 GeForce 4gb instead? I'm also gearing up for ESO in April and want to make sure I can run it on the highest possible graphics.

System Specs:

Alienware Aurora R4

i7- 3820 CPU @ 3.60 GHz

8 GB RAM

64-bit OS

Thanks all!!

You'd get better performance than a single 770 with SLI 760's but the 2GB frame buffer would prevent you from using tons of texture mods, as you'd get stuttering. Running of an SSD may help but I am unable to comment on how much it would help as I have never had an SSD.

I see you ended up getting a 4GB 770. Your performance will be a bit worse but on the upside you won't have SLI compatibility issues and you have 4GB vRAM, which will allow you to use lots of texture mods and will be more than enough for a long while.

Have fun!

Thanks KeeperFiM,

Yeah, I just ordered the 770 today so now I have to play the waiting game... UGH Haha

Can't wait to taste that sweet sweet 4GB of VRAM! I LOVE hi-res texture mods so I'm excited to see how it will preform once I get it installed :)