Alternate ending to Battle for Whiterun

sushi609

During the several first quests of the main questline the player assists Jarl Balgruuf the Greater in defending Whiterun while realising their status as Dragonborn. Balgruuf is shown to be a fair Jarl, and dialogue from his children indicate he still worships Talos and infact hates the Elves of the Aldmeri Dominion.

The idea is that when siding with the Stormcloaks and doing The Battle for Whiterun (Stormcloak side) Jarl Balgruuf will give the dragonborn his axe to signify his alliance with the Legion. The dragonborn will assault whiterun as usual with the stormcloaks at his back. However when you defeat Jarl Balgruuf rather than exile him have a dialogue option to have him remain as Jarl of Whiterun so long as he pledge himself to the Stormcloak Rebellion. This way Jarl Balgruuf stays on the thone and your not wronging the Thieves Guilds Whiterun Contact: Clan Battle-Born by helping Vignar Grey-Mane become Jarl. Not to mention retaining Balgruuf's friendship in the form of respect (Nord's respect strength).

Anyway let me know what you think I'd love for this to happen simply for my own immersion and enjoyment within the game, but would like to know what others think as well.