[Dual Sheath Redux Problem] Compatability Patches aren't working?

Shaeam

Hello everyone,

I am having some troubles with the 'Dual Sheath Redux' mod and I was hoping that someone could help me fix my issue.

Firstly, I just want to say that i've used the mod before -- it's amazing; one wouldn't think something so simple could add so much immersion, but it does... But unfortunately, I cannot get compatability patches to work with the mods 'Heavy Armory' 'Skyforge Shields' and 'Skyforge Weapons' which means the vanilla skyrim weaponry dual sheaths as intended -- but the mod added stuff doesn't. This is especially irritating with shields, since it brings you out of the immersion when your character suddenly decides to wear his shield on his arm as opposed to his back.

As far as what i've done; I have installed the compatability patch, I have ran the patcher, and I have sorted my load order. If i'm leaving something out or missing something entirely -- i'd love to fix this problem, I really would.

With that said... Heres a list of my mods:

SKSE Version: 0.1.6.16
DCF_plugin.dll
disablefacegencache.dll
MfgConsole.dll
nioverride.dll
SKSE_Elys_Uncapper.dll Version: 1.15.2.0
StorageUtil.dll
Skyrim.esm Active
Update.esm Active
Dawnguard.esm Active
HearthFires.esm Active
Dragonborn.esm Active
Falskaar.esm Active
ApachiiHair.esm Active
ApachiiHairFemales.esm Active
ApachiiHairMales.esm Active
AzarHair.esm Active
ClimatesOfTamriel.esm Active
Lanterns Of Skyrim - All In One - Main.esm Active
Unofficial Skyrim Patch.esp Active
Unofficial Dawnguard Patch.esp Active
Unofficial Hearthfire Patch.esp Active
Unofficial Dragonborn Patch.esp Active
HighResTexturePack01.esp Active
HighResTexturePack02.esp Active
HighResTexturePack03.esp Active
Unofficial High Resolution Patch.esp Active
Weapons & Armor Fixes_Remade.esp Active
SplashofRain.esp Active
Improved Combat Sounds v2.2.esp Active
TradeBarter.esp Active
BooksBooksBooks.esp Active
Dual Sheath Redux.esp Active

Requires: Java Runtime Environment 7 update 17+

Lanterns Of Skyrim - All In One - Climates of Tamriel - lvl-3.esp Active

Note: Use only one Lanterns Of Skyrim - All In One esp.

Lanterns Of Skyrim - All In One - Climates of Tamriel - lvl-4.esp Active

Lanterns Of Skyrim - All In One - Climates of Tamriel - default.esp Active

Lanterns Of Skyrim - All In One - Climates of Tamriel - lvl-2.esp Active

Lanterns Of Skyrim - All In One - Climates of Tamriel - lvl-1.esp Active

UnlimitedBookshelves.esp Active
Book Covers Skyrim.esp Active
Book Covers Dawnguard.esp Active
Book Covers Hearthfire.esp Active
Convenient Horses.esp Active
Footprints.esp Active
Footprints - Ash.esp Active
RaceMenu.esp Active
RaceMenuPlugin.esp Active

Note: RaceMenuPlugin is optional and provides support to alter Height, Breast, Glute and Biceps. If you experience issues with it, disable RaceMenuPlugin.esp and inform the author.

RaceMenuOverlays.esp Active
WetandCold.esp Active
WetandCold - Ashes.esp Active
SkyUI.esp Active
Melt_Down_Everything.esp Active
PrvtI_HeavyArmory.esp Active
PrvtI_HeavyArmory_DG_Addon.esp Active
skyforgedShields.esp Active
HarvestOverhaul.esp Active
HarvestOverhaulCreatures.esp Active
DeadlyDragons.esp Active
PumpingIron.esp Active
Acquisitive Soul Gems.esp Active
dD - Enhanced Blood Main.esp Active
dD-Dragonborn-Dawnguard-EBT Patch.esp Active
Upgraded Weapons and Armors.esp Active
skyforgedWeapons.esp Active
Helgen Reborn.esp Active
BFT Ships and Carriages - HF.esp Active
Balanced_Magic.esp Active
Balanced_Magic_Dawnguard.esp Active
FNISspells.esp Active
Artifact Disenchanting.esp Active
Artifact Disenchanting - Dawnguard.esp Active
Artifact Disenchanting - Dragonborn.esp Active
FormsEdit.esp Active
The Dance of Death.esp Active
ABT - Faster Arrows Improved +50%.esp Active
ABT - Faster Bolts Improved +50%.esp Active
Beards.esp Active
Brows.esp Active
TheEyesOfBeauty.esp Active
3DNPC.esp Active
UFO - Ultimate Follower Overhaul.esp Active
My Home Is Your Home.esp Active
WATER.esp Active
WATER DB.esp Active
Dual Sheath Redux Patch.esp Active
skyrim unbound.esp Active
Mighty Beasts - Werewolf.esp Active
Mighty Beasts - Vampire Lord.esp Active
GrassOnSteroids_Short.esp Active
Book Covers Dragonborn.esp Active
NB-Scars.esp Active
UFO - Dragonborn AddOn.esp Active
Clothing & Clutter Fixes.esp Active
WATER DG.esp Active
WATER Falskaar.esp Active

Edited by Shaeam

Put Dual Sheath Redux Patch.esp at the bottom of your load order and try again.

There are mesh compatibility packs that you have to download from Dual Sheath Redux's optional files too. Make sure you have them all.

I've tried that unfortunately, nothing changed. Although I appreciate the help.

And yeah -- I realize. I've installed all three compatibility packs that I needed. I've been considering combining them into dual sheath's file by downloading them all manually and unzipping them and putting the finished product in NMM -- but i'm not sure that'd help much.

Unrelated, but Unlimited Bookshelves causes tons of savegame issues. I recommend removing it if you don't want a corrupted save.

Oh? Like what? I appreciate the heads-up. I had no idea it caused any sort of issue. I'm guessing save bloating? I had a issue with save bloating on my first playthrough. I believe the mod I had installed was Sounds of Skyrim -- t'was a nasty mess having to lose all that progress.

Yep bloat. It's not as nifty but there's SKSE Bookshelves Updated linkie that's a decent substitute. Books only, though :sad: Sucks because I loved the concept of Unlimited Bookshelves.

Let me make sure I'm understanding your problem with DSR. It's not that the items are invisible, it's that they're sticking to your arm and not being sheathed?

EDIT: No XP32 skeleton maybe?

EDIT EDIT: And your Java Runtime is updated?

Edited by Redlost

Yep bloat. It's not as nifty but there's SKSE Bookshelves Updated linkie that's a decent substitute. Books only, though :sad: Sucks because I loved the concept of Unlimited Bookshelves.

Let me make sure I'm understanding your problem with DSR. It's not that the items are invisible, it's that they're sticking to your arm and not being sheathed?

EDIT: No XP32 skeleton maybe?

EDIT EDIT: And your Java Runtime is updated?

Ahhh, thanks alot for that -- honestly that's exactly what I wanted it to do, so -- I have no qualms with it. (I generally prefer sticking items in chests -- as opposed to shelves anyway.)

Anyway. The items ARE invisible; as far as I can see they just do not appear at all. Now -- if you mean am I able to draw the dual-wielded sword like in vanilla? Yeah; that works perfectly fine. It's just the cosmetic of it being actually sheathed isn't working for some reason. It's not just the swords, either. Mod-added shields (Yet again -- Vanilla shields work fine) don't attach to your back when you sheath them. They stick on your wrist like it would in vanilla -- without the mod installed.

I do have XP32 Skeleton and Immersive Animations; and my Java should be updated enough to process the .jar updater.

Thank you, everyone for your help!

I have found a fix that seems to have fixed everything; if anyone else has a similar problem to the issue I was having earlier it's a fairly easy fix. You're going to need to uninstall all of your compatability patches and Dual Sheath Redux and navigate to your skyrim data file -- DELETE YOUR SKYPROC PATCHER FILE AND THE FILES ASSOCIATED WITH IT!!! VERY IMPORTANT!!! Then open a saved (or new) game and wait like 5 minutes; once that's done -- you'll need to save (you might not need to save -- i'd assume so, though.) and then reinstall Dual Sheath Redux FIRST -- highly important. Once it's COMPLETELY finished, you may reinstall all of your other Dual Sheath Redux compatability patches!

Once again i'd like to take the time to lend my thanks to everyone who helped -- your time and effort was greatly appreciated.

Edited by Shaeam

Glad you got it working. :smile:

Just for future reference, you need to re-run the DSR patcher whenever you add new weapon/shield mods to your game. (You may know this already, but just in case!)

Yeah I knew that, though I appreciate the warning.

Also -- I do believe I found the problem you'd mentioned about the mod. Without sounding stupid -- I would like to qoute "That esculated quickly" since that's essentially what happened. The whole save file began to freeze constantly -- thankfully it was a saved on a testing character -- I had already swapped over my important character and I didn't seem to have any issues with the bookcases. Thanks for recommending me to that mod.