Skyrim Memory Patch - fixing ILS, uGrids CTD, freezes! (For REAL)

Aminados

Does this work with ENB v13.7.13? I followed all the instructions but can't seem to find the line about my child when verifying the skse_steam_loader.log. Also, do I need to disable Safety Load for this? Thanks.

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The author says that ENBoost (or an ENB with it's features) is REQUIRED, however.... I think that it may work without it.

I think the memory reducing features wore only added after v13.7.13, so version 0.192 and up (I obviously recommend the latest version).

You can also check if it's working by checking the size of the first and second block of tesv.exe in VMMap. (As shown by Shason)

There is no need to have Safety Load now, this patch completely replaces it without side effects.

Also, check out the new updated dll on the first post.

Edited by Aminados

This is absolutely incredible fix. I wasted more then 200 hours trying to get my Skyrim with 250 mods stable. I did everything: BOSS, TES5Edit patches, gazillion ini combinations, changing load order, running CleanMem, experimenting with different mods.

This little dll somehow made it stable, finally. Well, after 30 minutes game still crashed but thats after I turned on every mod I gave up on and running at high speed throughout whole Skyrim. Before I wouldnt even last a minute on this mods compilation. Im gonna test it further since Ive yet to touch ini settings, but Sheson, if you reading this,

THANKS MAN!!

Best CTD solution ever. Spread the word, people! Thats what we've been waiting for

Edited by mindw0rk2

Shared this in another thread, but you have better documentation. I'll help this thread by "testifying." :D

So I have an AMD Quad-Core CPU at 4.2GHz natively (and I don't overclock), 16GBs of RAM, 128 GB SSD that I run Skyrim on, a GTX 550Ti (that changes tomorrow when I swap for a GTX 760), and Windows 7 Home Premium. I typically run Skyrim at max settings except for AF and AA, both of which I just turn off. I have plenty of HD retextures (the majority of my mods) and Static Mesh Improvement Mod, but nothing like Open Cities or Better Cities.

Typically Skyrim runs at 22-44 FPS (depends on where I am looking), occassionally CTDs, and the loadscreen time sucks.

When I swapped in this patch my game got incredibly faster, as if I was running 60FPS constant. When I cranked up AF and AA to max (and remembered to turn on Fraps), I got 22 FPS like before. However, my experience was less jerky in general, and the fact that I have had no problems with the game so far is a good sign.

I think this patch has really done it. I am told that there is potential for it to give Skyrim.exe even MORE memory, and I hope this can be accomplished without making the game unstable. However, this small allowance of extra RAM seems to be enough to resolve nearly all of Skyrim's inherent stability problems.

I don't know whether to be angry at Bethesda or happy for this community.

The author does say that ENBoost is required, however he also says that it will work with the vanilla game. I've never used any ENB or ENBoost, and when I installed the chnaged DLL it fixed some repeatable crashes for me even though I did not install ENBoost. So I'm not sure whether it's really required or not.

It's been a long time since I exited Skyrim on my own rather than the game deciding that it's time to meet my desktop. I'm pretty sure that once the word has spread, this will be one of the biggest news for Skyrim modding. This little "fix" has FREED my game.

Running a heavily modded Skyrim, 170+ esp's that mostly add spawns, NPC's, flora, structures, HD texture mods and using an ENB, I honestly thought that I could never get my game stable. Like most people here, I spent countless hours optimizing only to still be disappointed with the constant CTD's. With this I can now go to places where normally I would crash. I can now watch the battles of Immersive Patrols and Populated Civil War unfold. Still testing but cross fingers, hopefully this is the answer.

It's going to feel weird to actually play Skyrim rather than fixing and tweaking Skyrim.

this seems interesting =)

will this along with enboost (dont have it) work on my rig?

CPU: i7 4770k

RAM: 8 GB 1600 mhz (single stick)

GPU: hd 7790 1 GB (with a 15% OC)

Res: 1024x768

i'm already running a s#*! to of mods so just wondering if this'll help

^

Trust me, the mod will blow your mind.

After installing this mod, well, for the first time I experienced more fun playing the game completely modded to my liking, as if it functioned and played normally like vanilla... for 6 SOLID HOURS of uninterrupted gameplay, like going in and out of cells without interruption, no ILS or CTDs. I also saw my FPS skyrocket, like 5-20FPS in both interior and exterior, with ENB running at full tilt with the eye candy on.

This on a PC with a dual-core processor, 4gb of memory and 1gb of VRAM. I think we'll be experiencing an unprecedented renaissance in modding.

Edited by sa547

I haven't had a crash, lockup or ILS since I started using this alongside ENBoost. And it does seem to increase frame rate, since the game runs visibly more smoothly and is more responsive. I don't know why it would do that if it simply allocates more memory. Add me to the list of people that believe it makes a big difference.