Masters out of Order?

Nudedragon

All the relevant masters are loaded in the same order in both the Masters window and the Mods list, yes. And I have one plugin, a patch for Immersive Sounds - Aural Assortment and Complete Crafting Overhaul Remade, that's marked with an orange box despite its masters appearing in the correct order.

The real kicker is that this patch is mergeable, so entirely contained in the bashed patch. Which itself is all green and dandy.

Never seen that. As far as I knew, the out-of-order error is based upon a comparison of the plugin File Header entries and the current load order. You can certainly fix an orange box by manually editing the File Header, at least.

Might be a good question for the BASH mod forum. Off the cuff, I would consider it a bug based on the docs.

Edited by Lord Garon

The Cloaks.esp example was just that, an example. Mine is fine too. I have two orange boxes, but one is because it wants the unofficial patches to be loaded together after their respective DLCs, instead of individually after their DLC. The other, which I can't explain ,is the CCOR_IS-AUral Assortment Patch.esp. Its masters are loaded in the order it wants, but it's still orange. Then it integrates completely into Bashed Patch, 0.esp, which itself is green. So it must be something, maybe a bug, that's somehow unique to that one patch but isn't relevant when it's all bundled into the bashed patch.

Edited by Hyacathusarullistad

I think the bashed patch just accumulates certain record types and if a plugin is composed entirely of those record types, it can be merged. I don't think the entire plugin is contained within the patch as an independent entity, if you get my meaning. Bash scans the load order looking for master files and adds them in order as plugins require, resulting in an always green patch.

I think that also points out why orange plugins don't seem to cause in-game issues, or not cause them often, at least. Skyrim plugins maintain pointers to parent masterfiles by name, independent of load order. TES5EDIT emulates Skyrim loading and it makes orange patches routinely as it adds masterfiles on an "as needed" basis during conflict resolution, etc. I sort masters in TES5EDIT patches just to make other colored boxes on the Mods tab obvious at a glance, not to fix any issues they cause. I don't believe that was true in the earlier games (Oblivion?) for which Bash was developed; out-of-order masters did cause issues (refid numbering?) and were a problem needing fixing, hence the orange boxes today.

I could be absolutely wrong about all this, but it just follows from my experience with Bash and Skyrim. FWIW.

Edited by Lord Garon