is possible to make morrowind look like skyrim

Splatulated

in terms of character models at minimal ?

i love this game but character models they are soo dated it sad player arms look wrong and NPC movement looks like they are made of Lead and will break if they try to bend their legs just wanting something bit more realistic looking with more fluid animation .-. is it possible

in terms of character models at minimal ?

i love this game but character models they are soo dated it sad player arms look wrong and NPC movement looks like they are made of Lead and will break if they try to bend their legs just wanting something bit more realistic looking with more fluid animation .-. is it possible

well there are 2 ways

FIRSTLY (and the best way imo) there is a HUGE mod pack/game-fixer called the "morrowind overhaul v3" its an all in one installer that includes enhancements and fixes to almost EVERY aspect of the game and is very customizable through the installer. it also includes the morrowind graphics extender.. which is an amazing program that brings morrowinds graphical systems up to date in an absolutely AMAZING way (in some cases far superior to skyrims vanilla graphics believe it or not).. just check out screenshots of either morrowind overhaul or MGEXE (graphics extender).. you will be VERY VERY surprised.

there are also some other great MUST HAVE mods such as "Tamriel Rebuilt" (not in the morrowind overhaul you have to get it separately). this mod is AN ABSOLUTE MUST HAVE.. it adds the entire mainland of morrowind which is more than twice the size of the original game and its a huge project that's been being worked on by a big team for the last 12 years or so. it has quests and dialogue specifically written.. its polished as hell.. even more polished in some places that the original game.

THE SECOND OPTION is of course "Skywind".. which literally ports morrowind into the skyrim engine.. this is also very easy to google. HOWEVER it is an unfinished project at the moment as it is a VERY big undertaking but they have made a MASSIVE amount of progress and it is basically playable but as of yet unfinished

HOWEVER in my opinion because of mods like tamriel rebuilt, the morrowind overhaul and graphics extender it is my personal opinion that the original morrowind with these mods is FAR FAR FAR FAR superior to skywind.. while some newer fans of TES who have only played skyrim may prefer Skywind someone who played morrowind when it came out like me far prefers the modded original game (and really anyone should prefer it because skywind can never have the same feel as the original).. JUST TAMRIEL REBUILT ALONE makes Skywind unplayable because it will NEVER have tamriel rebuilt as its a morrowind mod and would need to be ported which would take years.

ALSO just so you know there are mods included in the morrowind overhaul that change some animations and bodies of characters to make them look alot better.. adds new faces and stuff.. the morrowind overhaul basically improves EVERY aspect of the game and seriously just look up some screens and maybe even some comparison screens with a shot of the vanilla and overhauled.. YOUR JAW WILL DROP!

LASTLY if you go the modded morrowind route.. WHICH YOU SHOULD AT LEAST TRY BEFORE USING SKYWIND as i think you will find modded morrowind a FAR better experience than the Skywind. there are a few other mods you can grab such as:

(you can easily google any of these mods, i don't post links because i'm not sure if it is allowed here because most of the mods arent on the nexus unfortunately)

[1.] "Combat Experiance - Depth Perception" (this changes combat so that you cant miss when targeting like you could in vanilla but also re balances the game so that it all works properly with the new mechanics

[2.] "Galsiah's Character Development" which fixed the leveling system and makes it seamless as it is in Skyrim where you don't need to worry about leveling certain things to not gimp your character. you can just play however you want wit this mod

AND AGAIN THE OTHER MODS I SUGGEST

[3.] "Morrowind Overhaul v3"

[4.] "Tamriel Rebuilt"

[5.] Look up Morrowind mod installing guide because you cant really use the nexus mod manager to mod Morrowind ( however Morrowind overhaul is an installer so that one is idiot proof just run the exe)

message me if you have any more questions id be glad to help you out to experience Morrowind THE WAY ITS MEANT TO BE EXPERIENCED!!! :D:D:D

• 2 years later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...