Rating system overhaul

Dark0ne

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice job with the new system . About the 3 hours duration ... hmm... yes... I also think that it should be reduced ... let's say 30 minutes ? It should be enough to test smaller mods , but that's my opinion :closedeyes:

I would suggest 1 day of duration before you can rate a mod you downloaded. 3 hours is really not enough and for some mod it is the amount of time you spend downloading them. 24 hours allow you to test it, see the bugs if any, report, get an answer eventually and not just see something wrong and rate based on this while you are just frustrated because it doesn't work as your expected it to.

Your list of downloaded mods is still there to remind you all the mods you didn't rate so there is no problem in that I think.

And also 3 days before a new comer can start to rate. This would make it a better deterrent to those who create accounts only to badmouth or promote some mods.

I think the endorsement system is interesting.

One note though, for something to maybe implement in the future... I see many files with many thousands of downloads, and only like 20 or 30 or so endorsements/votes.

Maybe you could find a way to encourage people to endorse/vote more often, since some of the downloads to endorsement ratios a very small. :blink:

Some examples just browsing 'Models/ Textures' Category

- Color Map Mod zip: 73976 dowloads, only 29 endorse

- Qarl Textures Pack 1_3 OMOD: 62117 downloads, only 36 endorse

- Growlf Hot Clothes 41 OMOD: 45085 downloads, only 24 endorse

- Optimised Distant Land MAX: 44882 downloads, only 34 endorse

- Beautiful Women Mod: 44783 downloads, only 28 endorse

- Improved Trees Flora: 43303 downloads, only 27 endorse

- Exnem Wearable Undies: 41457 downloads, only 28 endorse

I could go on, but you get the idea...

I'm not sure how though... it would have be something where it doesn't encourage people to just arbitrarily endorse stuff, but endorse quality files they do really like.

Just a thought.

I have given this change my endorsment.

:D

Congratulations with the change and it's success Dark0ne! :3

I am quite please with the new rating system....overall a vast improvement.

One thing I would like to see is the top files in the last month, six months and last year added if possible. This will give greater exposure to the latest and greatest releases that will take some time to break into the top 100 overall.

Something to consider when time allows.

Buddah

I think the idea and the execution of it are very original and, frankly, excellent.

The new features COUPLED with the old ones just add more fairness to the whole system, especially for us modders.

The tops list is the best thing i've seen on any modding forum. Gamefixes no longer have to compete against boobs xD.

Thank you, Dark0ne, AND the moderators. You're a fine lot!

I like how we can sort the categories in Top 100

But I'm still thinking high endorsements means high popularity. But do you see this awesome mod, who clearly need to be on Top 10, at least Top 100. A tower that can fly ? Not only that, we can move the tower anywhere we want ! And with dozens of other features.

Tower_Of_Hadarath http://tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=20457

We don't see that mod on Top 100 buildings, and other some good other mods. This mod once got a 10.00 from 12 ratings, but now just 12 endorsements.

"The unpopular modders hard-work must be treated honorably"

I agree with some of the things that Ancient Aeon has pointed out, and please reduce the waiting time for the endorsing "waiting" system, 3hours is way to long.

The system is good, but it has its flaws. Like the "waiting" system.

Edited by Thor.