SKSE 1.6.16 Crashes Game

Son23

Hey all,

So I was looking to install the latest version of SKSE 1.6.16 (my version was 1.6.13) in order to install some new mods. However, after I installed SKSE 1.6.16 whenever I start the game it crashes after the Bethesda studio logo. I am not quite sure why, as whenever I updated SKSE with my current mods it never effected it before. Anyone have any ideas?

SKSE does not cause CTDs.

What is more likely is that one of the mods you have installed is missing a master. CTD at the logo screen is a classic symptom of mod dependency issues.

Run BOSS to set load order, then download TES5Edit and load all of your plugins. If TES5Edit stops loading and bounces an error message, the plugin that halts the loading and generates the error is the one that missing a (or more) master.

• 1 year later...

Hey all,

So I was looking to install the latest version of SKSE 1.6.16 (my version was 1.6.13) in order to install some new mods. However, after I installed SKSE 1.6.16 whenever I start the game it crashes after the Bethesda studio logo. I am not quite sure why, as whenever I updated SKSE with my current mods it never effected it before. Anyone have any ideas?

SKSE does not cause CTDs.

What is more likely is that one of the mods you have installed is missing a master. CTD at the logo screen is a classic symptom of mod dependency issues.

Run BOSS to set load order, then download TES5Edit and load all of your plugins. If TES5Edit stops loading and bounces an error message, the plugin that halts the loading and generates the error is the one that missing a (or more) master.

NOTE: For me I used SKSE and ENB/ENB Boost ... which caused a crash on startup (and had nothing to do with load order, etc)

Your load order for this will not make any difference... (the game does not even need this information or load it ... until you load a gamesave)

I had problems with skse and enb (or other incompatible loaders) not wanting to work nicely together (with eariler verson(s)).

if you have d3d9.dll in the same folder as skse_loader.exe, try removing d3d9.dll from that folder (rename the dll, etc)..

Then try loading skse_loader again ... see if the problem persists.

If to works with d3d9.dll renamed or removed ... you have a conflict with ENB (if your are using it) or whatever installed the d3d9.dll file.

For me: the conflict was with skse's memory fix and ENB Boost's memory fix ... the two were fighting each other.

If this is your setup do this:

1) In enblocal.ini (if you can't find this you will need to look into help from the ENB site or search google for: 'ENB Boost')

2) find these lines (these are what you should enter) -- if you can't find them in enblocal.ini

[MEMORY]
ExpandSystemMemoryX64=true
ReduceSystemMemoryUsage=true
DisableDriverMemoryManager=false
DisablePreloadToVRAM=false
EnableUnsafeMemoryHacks=true
ReservedMemorySizeMb=256
VideoMemorySizeMb=0
EnableCompression=false
AutodetectVideoMemorySize=true

3) Change the values to the above (or add them to the file)

** It also would not hurt to update SKSE and ENB to their lastest version(s) some issues (like this) have been corrected, or detection improved

Edited by NeoH4x0r