Civil War Issues (with Civil War Overhaul)

MessersCohen

Basically, the problem is so:

I have a number of mods installed - if anyone wants a list, ask...but the problem is that, after reaching the final stage of the Civil War quest 'Message to Whiterun' the white marker is filled, so the quest should be done, but the quest itself refuses to become completed. I've spoken to Jarl Ulfric, and gone through what should be the dialogue that is required to have been gone through in order to begin the next quest, 'Battle for Whiterun,' the first stage of which is to meet Galmar in the Stormcloak Whiterun camp. I've had a little play with the console commands for quest, but finishing the Message quest and force starting the assault on whiterun doesn't seem to have any affect. Help via console commands? Or should I just give up?

i realized you asked about this in the mod thread, however a list of your load order would probably be helpful here. You can put this in spoiler tags so that the list doesn't make the page blow up. ha ha

Anyway this will allow folks to help you more in this instance. Good luck.

I am assuming you exhausted trying to initiate dialogue with Galmar? My Civil War hung up as well after the last siege stronghold. Nothing updated that the siege was completed so I went on to speak with Rikke (Imperial) who only yelled about starting the battle. At which point I went to meet Tullius at Windhelm and the battle ensued on its own. No update occurred until Windhelm was taken. I'd also recommend a google search regarding the quest. Wiki's list all sorts of bugs associated with fixes. Google the name of the quest and add bug to it. You may find a solution online.

Best of luck.

I am assuming you exhausted trying to initiate dialogue with Galmar? My Civil War hung up as well after the last siege stronghold. Nothing updated that the siege was completed so I went on to speak with Rikke (Imperial) who only yelled about starting the battle. At which point I went to meet Tullius at Windhelm and the battle ensued on its own. No update occurred until Windhelm was taken. I'd also recommend a google search regarding the quest. Wiki's list all sorts of bugs associated with fixes. Google the name of the quest and add bug to it. You may find a solution online.

Best of luck.

Cheers, appreciate the help. I'll try visiting the camp as well in Whiterun.

i realized you asked about this in the mod thread, however a list of your load order would probably be helpful here. You can put this in spoiler tags so that the list doesn't make the page blow up. ha ha

Anyway this will allow folks to help you more in this instance. Good luck.

Thanks, will do.

I don't know for everyone, but for me, civil war messed my game up. If I where you, I'd just delete it and start a new char.

I myself have played with a huge bug filled character playthrough, and I barely have any mods on and civil war ALWAYS made my game run weird. The following: Batlles never ending or stopping suddenly, guards attacking me in every city, impossible to complete some quests. Trust me, just get rid of it. Its just one of those mods that really works for some but for me probably, it didn't..

Hope you get it fixed!