Game crashes during the Nightcaller Temple quest!

Spac3cowboyy

Greetings fellow dovahkiins,

My game crashes to the desktop 5 seconds after I return to 'the real world' from the dream-realm in the quest: Waking Nightmare.

I can move freely and rest, while my visions is blurred, but if I take a few steps then it just crashes. I have no problems with saving in the dream-realm, like others have. So guess this problem is more rare?

WHEELP!

Edited by Spac3cowboyy

I got it to work with the quicksave "trick". :)

After you pull chain to release the miasma, you are transported back to the real world, able to move around but unable to interact with anything (can't use the "Activate" action, the "E" key on the PC). Get ready to spam Quicksave (F5).

As soon as the blur effect on the edges of the screen starts to dissipate, hit the Quicksave button repeatedly and rapidly, severely slowing the game down. You should hear the player character cough/gasp once, apparently awakening from the dream. Continue Quicksaving.

Your character should cough/gasp a SECOND time. Keep quicksaving. Shortly after the second cough/gasp, the game will crash during one of the save attempts.

Load up the game again, then just click "Continue" or load up the most recent quick save, as the junk one that was created during the crash did not overwrite the good one. You can now make more saves without issues.

• 1 year later...

"Quicksave" or "no save" tricks didn't work for me...but, Erandur was considered a follower from my mod which has sandboxing and turning off this feature did the trick.

Edited by PTC001

• 7 months later...