Children: Tamriel's Future — first alpha is on the way!

Glitchipedia

The weirdest thing just happened. Because of the scaled-down skeletons, I was under the impression the kids would need new animations to prevent them from clipping with chairs and beds. Yet, just now, one of my prototype girls was very clearly sitting ON a bench, not through it, without my having to change any animations at all. This has never occurred in my game before. Any ideas what might have happened, and how I can make it continue to happen consistently?

I can't say for sure but I suspect the adjusted sitting has to do with the setup of the bounding box for the figure. AFAIK, the bounding box is what determines the location of the body. It also controls how close you can stand next to another body. Turning off collisions using the console just turns off the bounding boxes.

Since you are using blockhead and your own set of meshes, you may have hit on the right way of getting any body type to sit correctly. I would very much like to know how to do this. I have some experience with blender and a smattering of experience with the construction set but no experience with blockhead.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The bodies I'm using are not of my own making. The boys use Room207's Femboy body with clothing designed to fit Robert's "scrawny" male body type, while the girls use an A-cup HGEC variant, both with censored textures and tasteful undergarments permanently grafted on, for obvious reasons.

The heads are custom-edited from the vanilla assets, such that the head itself is 30% larger while the neck retains the same size and position.