dlc124

When i try to launch skse it always launches steam and goes to the skyrim launcher and then resets my preferences and wont let me run my enb, it is really annoying and i want it to stop.

p.s im running skse as admin

Well, as the SKSE Readme says, you have to have Steam running BEFORE you launch skse_loader.exe.

Fire up Steam, X-out of the window (the necessary client is still running), launch skse_loader.exe.

Edited by Lord Garon

i didnt need steam running before

Yes, you did.

Most of the time steam is running in the background but you just can't see it. You can check this by clicking your "show hidden icons" button near your clock (assuming you have a windows pc). Like Lord Garon said, Fire up Steam, X-out of the window. It should still be running, just out of sight. SKSE needs steam to be running to work.

SKSE will not load if the Steam client isn't running. If the Steam client isn't running, SKSE will still fire up Skyrim, but that starts Steam and the Skyrim launcher. Many people don't notice this because they have Steam set to load on startup, or they log into Steam before playing a game.

Don't take my word for it; read the SKSE docs.

Edited by Lord Garon

i forgot i had a modded tesv.exe that helped performance but ALSO MADE IT SO STEAM DIDN'T HAVE TO RUN, i'm not an idiot i know when steam is running in the backround

Edited by dlc124