• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

deadchan

deadchan

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

I recently bought Oblivion and want to mod it, but I already have Nexus Mod Manager set up for Skyrim. How do I add Oblivion so I can mod it too?  :psyduck: help.2gufkag.jpg

Edited by deadchan, 26 January 2014 - 03:06 AM.

LeddBate

LeddBate

*Buurrrp*

• Supporter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,365 posts

When you open (start) NMM it should bring up a menu called "Game Selection". Which in your case should feature "Skyrim" highlighted in blue. If not, then you must have checked the box that says "Don't ask me next time" at some point.

Assuming you see the screen, just click once where it says "Rescan installed games". This should highlight it in blue. Now click "OK" and NMM will scan your computer and should detect Oblivion. Once it does, it (Oblivion) should show up on the list (along with any other games that NMM now supports.) Now select "Oblivion" and click "OK". You're good to go!

Edit: Forgot to mention: If you DID check the box that said "Don't ask me next time", then you can still rescan for installed games on the NMM main menu. The icon to select this is in the upper-right and looks like half a circle with an arrow on it.

Edited by LeddBate, 26 January 2014 - 03:31 AM.

dr_rsc

dr_rsc

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 107 posts

it would really be helpful if the nmm team would allow one to simply add a game (and its path) instead of the incredibly clunky 'rescan'

DuskDweller

DuskDweller

Resident poster

• Premium Member
  • 3,081 posts

That will come with the new UI (so don't hold your breath now :P )

sewervault

sewervault

Journeyman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts

I had the same problem, I was looking for fallout 4, didn't see it. have any ideas

LeddBate

LeddBate

*Buurrrp*

• Supporter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,365 posts

If you have FO4 installed, then simply have NMM "rescan" and it should show up as a choice.

nikkye

nikkye

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

I'm having the same issue with FO4 , even after the rescan. I remember reading somewhere that a line of code needed to be changed inside of the game for NMM to pick it up in the rescan but I can't find that posting anywhere.

ralexpdx

ralexpdx

Regular

• Premium Member
  • 66 posts

What if I don't WANT to "rescan" and just want to MANUALLY add a game I know the location of? Really? I have a dozen games already working and correct and just want to add a single game without messing up the others, some of which I have multiple installations of and copied backups, etc.

choongzl

choongzl

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

What if want to add other games than the one shown on NMM?

WintersSheild

WintersSheild

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

What if want to add other games than the one shown on NMM?

i second this it would be good to expand the selection of games

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: help, nmm, oblivion, skyrim

Page loaded in: 0.947 seconds