Creating in-world radio that plays working station [Help pls]

freakuent

Alright, so I created a radio station successfully in the GECK. Now, I'm trying to put a radio in the game world that will play said station. I have tried copying other radios (like the ones in Goodsprings, etc.) and simply changing the radio station to my own, but that does not seem to work. I know there is some step or link I am missing, I just need some help figuring it out. Thanks.

Edit: Interestingly, when I placed a radio in the world & activated it, then activated the station on my pipboy, it made this weird clicking sound. When I turned off either the in-world radio or the pipboy radio, the sound stopped. But only when the pipboy radio was on & the world radio was off did I hear the music properly. And also once I get far enough away from the in-world radio (while it's on) my pipboy radio takes over and plays like normal. It seems that when I'm within radius of the in-world radio, it just jacks stuff up. Maybe because it's trying to access the same audio file twice? Like the radio station doesn't like playing 2 instances of the same song? Seems weird. Thoughts?

Edited by freakuent

Disregard, I figured it out.

I just made a copy of the working wav file I was using for the radio station and renamed it with a "_mono" at the end. Mark each sound as 2d & dialogue sound, and bam. My guess is that FNV automatically looks for a secondary file to play from in-world radios (the _mono file). The GECK does not specify this anywhere, nor did I see anything online about it. But when I sort of deconstructed the RACE mod, I saw the duplicate _mono files and thought what the heck, give it a shot. Worked like a charm. So long story short, get your custom radio station up and running using the various tutorials online, use mono wav files for the sounds (I used http://audio.online-convert.com/convert-to-wav), then copy the converted wav file & rename the copy with a _mono at the end. FNV will automatically use the original wav for the pipboy radio and the _mono wav for the in-world radios.