XBox 360, Playstation 3, Revolution?

Switch

Which do you think you'll choose?  

48 members have voted

1. 1. Which do you think you'll choose?

• XBox 360
    • Playstation 3
    • Revolution

I don't plan on getting a console right away. I'm more than happy with computer gaming for the time being. However, I did buy a PS2 and there's some decent games for it. That, and my PS2 is still going strong after 3 years (it's in excellent condition except for a little scratching on the bottoms of my controllers, and a piece of one of my shoulder buttons broke off (but it still works fine, it was a little piece on the inside that i had to take it apart and take out).

I'll stick with my PS2 for console gaming for the time being - I'll grab SC3 and FFXII for it when they're out (the former because SC is the BESTEST FIGHTING GAME EVAR, the latter because I'm a Squaresoft angel...excuse my french...and I seem to buy all there games even though I haven't liked any after VII)

Anyway, when I do get a next generation system, it'll most likely be a PS3, because when I go to hell I want to have already been sucking up to the devil.

Personally, I plan on getting the Revolution. I'm just a die-hard Nintendo fan. I know it makes me seem a bit close minded, but I have other reasons. See, most of my friends will be getting a PS3 or Xbox 360. So what'd be the point of buying one of those when I can just play their's? If I got another system it'd probably be PS3 because of Soul Calibur 3 and Metal Gear Solid 4.

I would have to say that I would buy all 3 if I had the money, just to give them all a fair shot and then weed out the posers/fakes/obsulete. If I didnt have the money to buy all 3(the day they came out that is) I would definately buy the PS3 first. The MGS series has me hooked. I cant get enough of it. But Xbox does have Halo, which is most likely going to be very promissing in the future(if they make another one, Halo2 was kinda bland and didnt offer what the first did, Revolutionary Gameplay). Revolution is kindof a Questionmark in my mind. I wanna trust Nintendo, but after the Gamecube went downhill I dont really know if I can trust em.

And, no matter which way you slice it, Microsoft had no right sticking their greedy noses into to "Console War". Besides, Xbox will be dying out here soon anyways, all the stuff that they have has already been copied and regurgetated by themselves about 200 times.

I would love to see a comeback by Nintendo and become a Contender in the "Console War" again. They kinda dropped out of the rankings when Xbox came along. Playstation had alot to do with this also. But they still have very good game titles, unfortunately the only one that really comes to mind(that I enjoy playing that is) is Metroid. I only saw a short trailer for The Revolution, but were they suggesting/hinting/stating that it would be a Virtual Reality System? Couldnt really tell from what I saw.

I think that Playstation will be around for a very long time. They seem to take a few more risks now that Xbox has so rudely jumped into the "Arms Race". I think that Playstation is the one system that will actually last for a long time, the same way that Nintendo has. The Games that Playstation still has first dibs on are the best, like the GTA series. And, Killzone2 for PS3 looks extremely promissing. Still waiting to see the Trailer for MGS4.

God, I've babbled on for to long. I've said what I registered to say, and now I'm gone. BTW, which system is Perfect Dark:Zero coming out on? I loved the original, just hope it's gonna be coming out for The Revolution and not Xbox(just saying Xbox makes me cringe).

And I bought my PS2 the day that they hit the shelves, and I havent one problem with it. Dropped it about 500 times and still runs the same now as it did when I took it out of the box.

Xbox 360 easily. First of all it comes out the earliest of all the next gen systems, and since I have little patience the earlier release date is a big plus in my book. Also, Oblivion is going to be a release title, and I have heard that Square Enix has signed onto the bandwagon. Not to mention it doesnt have boomerangs for controllers :P .

• 7 months later...

Revolution. It's cheaper and I'm a die-hard Nintendoid. But the early post that said "Nintendo are going down the drain" WHAAAATTT!!!! HOW WRONG CAN YOU GET!!! People say that Nintendo are rubbish but without them we would still be playing with joysticks and arcade style machines. Nintendo made the D pad, The analouge stick, Shoulder buttons, Z triggers, The start button and Zelda and Metroid rock! We would still be in the dark ages if it wernt for them. AND... Do you realise how MASSIVE they are in Japan. Absolutely HUGE!!! I hate it when people say they are rubbish and you can't say they have no experience. Theve been here since before a lot of us were a twinkle in the sky. Game and watch came out 1973-1975 so the really ARE kinda old. Nintendo rocks. It's official. And it should be for many years to come...

I was born with a snes controller in my hand. So it kinda annoys me when people dis what I was born from.

Oh yeah. And PC's are best because there are such things as ROMS so you can play ANYTHING without having to pay much.

There, I said it, Im crazy Now leave me to be by myself...

Im gonna play Mario... 'Til I'm N64

(Edit) Oops. Necromancy. Didn't notice. Darn. I'm sorry (edit)

Congratulations fanboy, way to miss the point completely. Sure, Nintendo did some great stuff in the past, but their recent efforts have been underwhelming. And the sales numbers don't lie, they're a distant third place to the Sony/Microsoft leaders. If anything, it just makes their story even more tragic, as they've gone from unrivalled leader to throwing it all away and descending into mediocrity.

Playstation 3, Xbox 360, Nintendo Revolution; in that order.

If I were to buy all three consoles, which I doubt I will, I would by them in the above order. I am not much of a console person, preferring PC's, but I do play consoles somewhat.

First off, the Playstation 3 is going to be the best console out of the three. Why? Because it is coming out the latest, and will therefor have the best hardware. There have been many sites that show that the Playstation 3 will have more power than the Xbox 360. Next, the games. Playstation 3 will have the better looking, and playing, games, all because of the hardware. Now, the Xbox 360 will have great games too, but people will be lead to the better graphics of the PS3.

Now for the 360. Microsoft shouldn't have came out with it so early. There have been problems with the 360, and it has been all over the news and websites. This is going to lead people away from the 360, and instead to the PS3. They should have fixed all of their stuff, and tested it more, before they put it out. On the bright side, Microsoft seems to be fixing the problems, and the Xbox 360 looks to have some great games coming out this year, although the games for it on the release of the 360 weren't that great.

Finally, the Revolution. Nintendo had better see the light, and soon. Their games are directed towards kids, and most gamers these days do not want that. It almost seems like they are coming out of this trend however, after the release of Resident Evil on the gamecube, and a few more non-kiddish games. Now, to talk about the ability to play all of the games ever for Nintendo. I have heard nothing but, "Yea, that is going to be awesome!". Come on people, it might be fun for an hour or two, until your eyes start hurting and you get tired of killing blobs of what are supposed to be (insert cool enemy here). You are going to want your new graphics back, and you probably won't play the old games that much.

So, this is my opinion on things.

PS3.

Mainly because Xbox didn't have too many games that I want (and many of those that they did were released for computer too (KOTOR-Computer KOTOR2-Computer Morrowind-Computer Halo-Eventually Computer). They have some fun games, but not enough to get me to buy a 360. The Revolution... well, it is really too early to tell about the system, but the controller sounds really... akward... and the gamecube had two or three games only released on their system that I considered great (SSBM Animal Crossing are two). Plus, it sounds like it will also be the economical system (read: cheap). That's great if you don't have money to burn, but if you have enough money to spend on consoles you might as well get the best.

The PS3... the main reason is because of the PS2. It had a HUGE library of games, including some very good RPG's. Plus, it also has the library of the PS1, including some of the BEST rpg's. If the PS3 turns out to be the true successor to the PS2, it will be a truely awesome console. Let's just hope they do everything right again.

Archived