Which do you think you'll choose?  

48 members have voted

1. 1. Which do you think you'll choose?

• XBox 360
    • Playstation 3
    • Revolution

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Xbox 360 hands down for me, but I've always been loyal to Nintendo, so I will also get a Nintendo Wii (pron. "WEE"; "Revolution" was just a codename).

As for the Wii issue... my anti-console bias is pretty well known, I just don't like them very much. So I'm a bit skeptical of the concept. I think the lack of precision is really going to hurt the console... I personally wouldn't want to use one outside of a few specially-designed games maybe. I guess only the success once it's out will tell if the controller is a true innovation, or just a marketing gimmick that fades away after a month or two.

I'm not sure what you're getting at, but I think you've outdone yourself on this one. I don't think you realize that Nintendo has ALWAYS aimed their systems at the pious gamer, one who STRICTLY plays games on their console, and not to use it to watch DVDs or listen to CDs (like me). What makes you think Nintendo is going to change a strategy that's helped them since day one, hmm? Let me point out something to you. Nintendo's new system SHOULDN'T be compared to the Xbox 360 nor the PS3, since those two systems are aimed at multimedia consumers (those individuals that like their HDTVs and home theatre systems), whereas Nintendo has always been a favourite among those that are serious hardcore gamers.

I'm gonna be blunt, but I think anyone who's been fool enough to buy into Sony's cheap trick of a console is overhyped themselves >:( . All there is a load of bullsh*t, empty promises, and absolutely NO innovation. This is the SECOND time TODAY that I've had to rant on about how disgusted Sony makes me feel.

Hmm, these anti-Sony rant posts are borderline flaming, Rob. Everyone's entitled to their opinion on this subject, try not to get too heated about it. Thanks.

PCs can do anything consoles can do, except play a few games that are only released for consoles. And even that is merely a matter of time.

As for the idea that keeping a PC up to date is more expensive than buying each console (even if only one company's) as it comes out, as long as you aren't getting the absolute latest hardware, I should think updating a PC would be cheaper.

And there are any number of things PCs can do that consoles CAN'T do, in particular, media creation and modifications.

EDIT: Forgot to mention that console games often don't have any debugging option. Cheat codes don't count.

I'm not sure what you're getting at, but I think you've outdone yourself on this one. I don't think you realize that Nintendo has ALWAYS aimed their systems at the pious gamer, one who STRICTLY plays games on their console, and not to use it to watch DVDs or listen to CDs (like me).

Well you'll be happy to know that the Wii will be getting dvd playback functionality, this is not ALWAYS true.

As for the anti-sony rant, im not going to repeat myself has i have already had my say in another PS3 thread. You can hate the company but they do make nice products.

Just watched some video on the ps3 XMB and its pretty nice what i can do with your photos. check out IGN.com if you want to see.

As for the anti-sony rant, im not going to repeat myself has i have already had my say in another PS3 thread. You can hate the company but they do make nice products.

Just watched some video on the ps3 XMB and its pretty nice what i can do with your photos. check out IGN.com if you want to see.

I appreciate that you're trying to dissuade me from hating SCE, but as I've ever so clearly stated before, I simply will not be lured in by something that others may find useful. I am a serious gamer at heart, so having a system that can do a million-and-one things really doesn't matter to me, and as a matter of fact, I would prefer NOT to have a system that can do a million-and-one things. It's just personal preference, that's all.

And while I do find that the Wii will have at least some multimedia features as the other systems, it really doesn't matter to me. My PC is good enough for me to do the same things these systems can do. I also find upgrading a PC to be cheaper than having to buy an entirely new home console. I'd stick to PC gaming above any console, any day.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived