The Fallout3 patch 1.6 bug reporting thread

theLeeHarvey

I looked around and so far could not find a thread for people to post the bugs they have found using Fallout 3, Operation Anchorage, ThePitt, Broken Steel, Point Lookout and patch 1.6.

If you are using all the DLCs plus the latest patch and you are having problems or just experiencing minor glitches, please report them here. This way we can have one thread in which any member with questions about bugs they may be having, can look to see if they are alone and if not, if anybody has a fix for their specific problem.

I must admit as well, that this is also to satisfy my curiosity. I can't tell from forum posts whether 1.6 is an improvement or not, there doesn't seem to be any general consensus so far, nor are there any reliable reports on the patch's viability. I don't play with Broken Steel, Point Lookout nor 1.6 because quite frankly, I don't want to F-up my game and nobody can seem to be clear on exactly what problems it has.

If you post in this thread, which I emphatically hope you will, please include your mod list along with the bugs you are experiencing and at least some basic system specs. The more data people have, the easier it will be for them to a) Avoid the same problems and b) Create fixes and workarounds for the betterment of the community.

Thank you for your time and input,

LeeHarvey

P.S. To the site moderators, could you maybe sticky this thread so it will be easily found by those who need it? Thanks.

Any idea if they tried to fix their last 1.5 patch that was breaking mods, it's hard to tell the Update Notes I have found so far are pretty crappy and uninformative?

I haven't played in about 6 months but was thinking of another run through, any consensus on what the best patch level is currently? I saw a thread in TechSupport that mentions 3 ways to install the 1.5 version, it sounded pretty bad as for as mod usage unfriendly?

Thanks. :)

Any idea if they tried to fix their last 1.5 patch that was breaking mods, it's hard to tell the Update Notes I have found so far are pretty crappy and uninformative?

I haven't played in about 6 months but was thinking of another run through, any consensus on what the best patch level is currently? I saw a thread in TechSupport that mentions 3 ways to install the 1.5 version, it sounded pretty bad as for as mod usage unfriendly?

Thanks. :)

Patch 1.6 is the most stable patch so far. Most of the problems introduced by 1.5 are gone.

1.5 issues fixed by 1.6:

Crash on save bug, just because a mod added something to the exterior world cells.

Items added to the exterior world cells by mods disappearing.

1.5 issues not fixed by 1.6:

Occasional heavy mismatch between body and head skin tones on NPCs added / altered by mods.

So in closing 1.6 did not add any new bugs, but did fix most of the bugs introduced by 1.5.

Edit: The reason the official 1.6 patch notes are so lame is because Bethesda doesn't want to admit they messed something up.

The skin bug also exhibits itself in the 1.5 version of GECK, so I hope they update that as well.

It may be a little pointless, posting in this thread in the hope of raising an issue in time for the 1.7 patch (which was likely built 3 weeks ago at the latest). Maybe we should promote this as the "Fixes for 2.0" thread?

• 2 weeks later...
I have this strange bug where if I wait for over 2 hours my game crashes, and now I accidentally disabled the Silenced 10mm pistol and I can't wait at all. Also, if I have Charon with me and I go to the bridge deck the game crashes. I gave hm the confederate cap if that changes anything.

This is sort of related to patch 1.6. I was using the Darn UI mod, which requries OBSE. After I installed patch 1.6, and the new beta version of OBSE that supports 1.6, the game would crash about 5-6 times every hour. I disabled all mods that required OBSE, and have not had one single crash or noticeable glitch in hours of game time since. So if anyone is having crash issues and using OBSE, you may want to make an "experiment" save, disable all OBSE required mods, and run the game normally and see if the issues go away. It could just be coincidence or an issue on my machine. Also the latest version of OBSE is beta, but that shouldn't affect it too much.