The Fallout3 patch 1.6 bug reporting thread

theLeeHarvey

This is sort of related to patch 1.6. I was using the Darn UI mod, which requries OBSE. After I installed patch 1.6, and the new beta version of OBSE that supports 1.6, the game would crash about 5-6 times every hour. I disabled all mods that required OBSE, and have not had one single crash or noticeable glitch in hours of game time since. So if anyone is having crash issues and using OBSE, you may want to make an "experiment" save, disable all OBSE required mods, and run the game normally and see if the issues go away. It could just be coincidence or an issue on my machine. Also the latest version of OBSE is beta, but that shouldn't affect it too much.

I believe it is 'FOSE' not 'OBSE'. One's for Oblivion, the other for Fallout. :P Other than that, it might be your comp or if you have any conflicting mods? I wouldn't know, I have DarN's UI mod as well as a number of FOSE-required mods and I only get the occasional freeze-up.

I think a lot of people "discover" that Fallout 3 crashes and freezes pretty regularly at one point in time or another. The only common element in all these complaints is the game itself, Fallout 3. Ergo, I think we all know what the *real* issue is.

• 1 month later...

Well I don't think so, for me patch 1.6 is a real stable than another one official patch. But now i am at the limit since i got DLC Mothership Zeta. I change to patch 1.7 and make clean instal then throw a bunch of Great Mod and what i've got? F#&(!ng CTD >:( everytime i tried to out building or enter building! I don't understand what cause it maybe some of Mod not compatible with patch 1.7? I want to ask u guys instead this topic about patch 1.6 but now i am between death and alive. Can i playing DLC Mothership Zeta used patch 1.6? If no then i must used patch 1.7 (so be it :( ) Did u know what kinds of Mod that unincompatible with patch 1.7?

I am very appreciated if someone can answer my question, kudos waiting for u :) TQ

Edit 7 Sept 2009 :

Alright fellas, i shoot one thing which make f***ing CTD's everytime i tried to entered or out building. Yep, maybe some of you know it. MMM3 Mod that cause CTD's. Just uncheck it and everything will be okay.

• 2 weeks later...
Ok I've the german Fallout 3 with Bloodpatch :whistling: and patch 1.6. When I've blown up Megaton the game crashes. :blink: Then I've graphic bugs. After a time the map has very low texutes ( I think the lower details form far doesn,t change to better details ) But it could be my graphic card i don't know (I've the ATI 1950pro with an AGP port and direct X 9.0c)

@ 1stKronus If you play with AA,AF and HDR enabled the engine will do that. From what ive learned Renaming your fallout3.exe to oblivion.exe will make it so that it will take longer for it to happen. Also ive learned that it happens when VATS is entered, there is an explosion, Upon loading of a new world space, or if you move your mouse to fast and sometimes it will happen when you enter your scope or any kind of menu. Its the engine and there is no fix as of now. Its not a driver or gfx manufacturer problem only beth can fix it.

More info -> http://www.bethsoft.com/bgsforums/index.ph...906965&st=0

You can also search the problem in google. I have read of 1 temp fix Which was You turn off AA,AF in your game launcher and force it through catalyst instead and it seems to have worked for some people. I have tried this and looked worse in my opinion and ran more choppy but i might work different with your card.

Yea thats what thougt about the grass 2. But its not the driver ive had the problem since got the game. Ive updated drivers like 5 times since ive had the game. Its the Game engine itself and can only be fixed by a patch from beth... =[

• 1 month later...
Lol, thanks Buddah, much appreciated.

Now that my Steam game is "updated" (which is Steam-speak for "screwed") it's damn hard to mod. All my sound, texture, and mesh files are bsa's...which mean it's either really time-consuming to mod or pretty limited. esm's and esp's work well enough...but anyting else is just a waste of time.