syh

So, I'm interested in making a mod that would purely add a few spells, but haven't touched the construction set since Morrowind.

Here's my big idea: Replicate a handful of spells from Everquest, specifically some from the necromancer / shadowknight lines.

Best case scenario would be someone who's done spell mods before pointing me in the right direction for both getting started, and for some of the more complicated ideas, a little more help.

Some are spells that would be easy to implement, but some I believe would have to be scripted. Here's a list of them categorized by how difficult they would be to create:

Already possible and pretty straightforward:

• Lifetap - Damages enemy, heals caster
  • Vampiric Curse - lifetap over time, for ~1 minute
  • Fear - enemy turns and runs. (yup, I know this exists already)
  • Siphon Strength - decrease enemy's strength, increase caster's
  • Summon Undead - just as a reminder to greatly increase the summon time
  • Dark Empathy - "pact" heal - transfers casters health to an ally
  • Augment Death - increases the attack speed / weapon skill / strength of undead target (summoned skeleton for example)
  • Heat Blood - damage over time
  • Asystole - damage plus debuff over time
  • Harmshield - renders the caster invulnerable for a short period of time. with a very long refresh (Could this be done with just increasing resists by a thousand?)
  • Dark Empathy - "pact" heal - transfers casters health to an ally
  • Harmtouch - a high damage, instacast damage spell with very low resists, but a very long refresh time (2 hours)
And here's the more complicated and much more interesting ones:
  • Engulfing Darkness - damage over time that also snares the target (their movement speed is reduced)
  • Vampiric Embrace (lifetap proc spell) - For 7 minutes, this spells adds a "proc" - random process - where each melee hit has a random chance of casting a lifetap spell
  • Banshee Aura (damage shield) - A lasting effect (10 minutes or so) that will do a small amount of damage to anything that hits the caster in melee. Like a shield of thorns. Is there a reflect spell? That would be a great starting point.
  • Feign Death - Caster falls to the ground, and enemies, believing them to be dead, walk away. Upon standing up, the mobs will not necessarily come back to attack the caster (unless they're within range / etc)
Bonus:
Weapon Random Procs - I've always loved how Everquest weapons have effects that will randomly happen, instead of hitting every strike like they do in TES games. Any ideas?
So, any help would be greatly appreciate, both on just getting started, but ESPECIALLY on anything from the second list (snares, random proc effects, damage shields, and feign death)

I've got the thread subscribed, and please bump me up to the top if you're interested in helping, or in seeing the final results!

Thanks