HELP! Cannot use character mods, am lost!

christynp

Hey, I am having trouble with some mods, I am new, just started modding a few days ago. I was able to load several place mods no problem, castles villages etc, but I cannot seem to get any character mods to load/load properly. I have tried apachii sky hair, and it gives me a whole ton of bald options in the showracemenu, CBBE does not load period, and girls of skyrim, the 4 followers @ Sleeping Giant Inn are in the game, but their faces, (not including eyes and mouths) are invisible as well as 3 of them, I think 3 anyhow, have invisible hands :S I have tried everything I can think of. my skyrimprefs.ini has the

[ Launcher ]

bEnableFileSelection=1

bShowAllResolutions=1

uLastAspectRation=3

bLoadLooseFiles=1

and the mods for apachii sky hair are in my data files in the skyrim launcher and it is checked. CBBE does not show up in the data files but I was assuming it does not show up in there ever? Anyone have any ideas? I have uninstalled Skyrim and reinstalled and I have all the DLC as well and am running on ultra.... don't know where to go from here. please help

It sounds like you're missing some files. Have you tried verifying game cache through Steam? I know that's vanilla files, but the mods you're installing maybe relying on those files as assets, thus if they're missing, the mods calling on them will not work correctly. Also, what version Skyrim are you running? Is it up to date? If not, update through Steam.