Of the winds and ashes

BloodBond76

So I am currently playing a sort of Ash/wind warrior playthrough of skyrim. I use the whirlwind cloak and Ash summons and spells plus some general Alteration for my char. Though a problem I have stubbled upon is that there are actual little implementation of these elements, like there are only about 5 spells between them and 2 shouts but thats it. So I was thinking about making a mod that adds a few spells of these elements.

I found this one mod that added some ash spells

(http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/33469/?)

but most of them where a bit generic and uninteresting, usually just duplicating already made spells with a new colour.

I also found this wind mod that added a few spells

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/48315/?

But this too was a bit generic and unitersting as they all had the exact same effect Dmg Health + Chance to be knocked away

So getting to the point I wanted some help from the general nexus community with some unique abilities and effects some of these spells could have.

For ash I was thinking about redoing the paralyze effect for Ash shell and rune so that they simply freeze the target in place (not fall over like normal paralyze does) and make them hitable but at a much stronger threshold (as to account for the solid ash coating). I also thought about a spell that would conceal the cater in a coat of ash that reduces upcoming physical attacks and negates (all) fire attacks but at a down side of slower weapon speed and movement.

For wind I thought about having spells that do several things, such as: give the caster a boost through the air, spells that send enemies into the air, stagger enemies in an AOE, feather the caster when falling and one where a tornado is casted on a single location that both npcs and the player are prone to.

Sorry if this is rushed but from where I live its about 11pm and I just wanted my ideas to be put down.

Thanks for reading :smile:

Edited by BloodBond76

Ok so here is a bit of a more organised description of my mod request/help

So I wanted to know if there were any good mods out there that added some spells to the Ash and Wind elements introduced in the Dragonborn DLC (aside from the mods linked above). But if one such mod(s) doesn't exist then I think I might make one (as magic mods are easy enough to do).

So if I were to make this mod then I am asking if anyone would lend some help and possibly contribute with some spell ideas, though I do have some ideas for some unique spells.

Ash Spells:

Ash armour - This spell would coat the caster in a thick reinforced shell of ash that A) protects against a ton of physical attacks and B) almost totally negates all fire damage. But this protection come at a malus to weapon and movement speed as to imitate being in a shell of ash with little movement room.

Ash cloud - This spell would send a cloud of ash to a group of targets that quickly staggers and blind them allowing the caster to either hide and regain some stealth or charge forth and give a quick surprise attack.

Enhanced Ash shell - This enhanced version would be very similar to the normal version but allow the attacker to do damage to the target like a normal paralyze spell would at the handicap of the target having 30% more armour ash to account for the hard ash shell.

Blockade - This effect would cause walls made of ash to be created and allow cover from ranged attacks or block off enemies for 1v1 or to avoid all together

Wind spells:

Tornado - This would spawn a vacuum/tornado where the caster points like a rune, the tornado would send anyone or anything in its area to go flying around out of the tornado; this includes the player, allies and the caster.

Vortex - Vortex is very similar to the ice storm spell in design that is. Vortex creates a AOE cloak around the caster, where the closer the target is to the caster the higher chance they have of being flung away. The distances would be 5ft - 25%, 10ft - 20%, 15ft - 10%, 25ft - 30ft - 5%, 30ft< - 2% but flies objects around and around.

(note: each of these would stack)

Swift - This spell is somewhat basic and would increase the speed of the caster but is a constant effect (like the healing spell).

Tempest - Like the whirlwind shout this spell would give a quick boost forward and have a chance to knock over targets in front.

Gust - The gust spell is a constant stream of wind that progressively gets stronger from a harmless breeze to a point where enemies can be knocked down or flung away the longer it is constantly casted.

Hush - This spell is cast on a location and creates a whisper in the wind attracting enemies by causing them to think it is a person speaking or moving.

These are my ideas so far, if you think any of them are OP or could go with some extra features or tweaking, or have suggestions for new spells and effects then please comment below.

Thanks for reading! :smile:

Edited by BloodBond76

• 4 weeks later...