Horror Mod WIP, looking for input from the community

Ironman5000

I dont want to be a bother, I think I just assumed all would be movable but i'm happy to work with this unless it would be a 5 min job for you. I could have the main block show on the obvious path, and have the other piece located elsewhere out of they maybe in a bosses inventory. Because it's at a very early stage I can afford to be flexible when it comes to puzzles and structure :)

and of course always happy for any new stuff to make the mod that bit more unpredictable ;)

I would like to contribute by maybe creating some scary ambient soundscape music tracks you can assign to cells or however it actually works.

Let me know if your interested.

Definitely thanks, i've sent you a pm with some ideas for existing cells and future ones to come. You wouldn't need to apply them into an esp I can do that just fine :)

I would like to hear where you are going with this in terms of the story telling department, I am REAL curious and maybe I can chip in a few ideas.

I am just throwing it out there, have you considered using a green isles new lands mod? It be interesting to place the courier in an island of horror

So I was trying to get the puzzle board done. Like I made a version of it that's empty without any pieces on it. Then another version with all the pieces. Then I made individual meshes of each pieces. In fact I was ready to give you a download link of it yesterday until I realized I messed up the UVs of the puzzle pieces. So I'd have to do it all over again. And to be honest I don't have the stamina for a do over again. Sorry dude.

http://static-3.nexusmods.com/15/images/130/6600609-1386997149.png

To make it up to you have a vatrushka. Link: http://www.sendspace.com/file/bpa3ss

It's a mesh and texture of a Russain pastry called vatrushka. I didn't make the model or texture I got it from a free 3d model site: tf3dm.com/3d-model/cheesecakes-28992.html I just made it Geck-use ready with havok.

But back to the topic at hand I had a look of vanilla interior assets especially the "high-end hotel room" pieces. They have retexture potential for an abandoned hospital. I have half a mind to try it out myself soon.

If i may be sure that the puzzles are difficult, yet understandable.

Lets face it none of us are the riddler and we dont want to be someone who spoils it. I suggest taking say (since its an inspiration)

Silent Hill. Not too bad but not too easy. You gotta learn that s#*! YO! And I should know I am using it in college.(silent hill 2 that is)

I would like to hear where you are going with this in terms of the story telling department, I am REAL curious and maybe I can chip in a few ideas.

I am just throwing it out there, have you considered using a green isles new lands mod? It be interesting to place the courier in an island of horror

I'm hoping to have something like this actually I have a new land part built but needs a LOT of work, it's set up like a small town which could lead to the cells i'm building/have planned and will be occupied my enemies to fight.

By all means post your story ideas (that goes for anyone reading) i'm still mostly concepting but basically it will start with the player being directed to an old isolated house, gets trapped inside, finds another way out which leads to a nightmare world, then has to fight through to escape. I have some textures for ghost-like npcs so maybe I could have a story (or side story) about previous residents and how they died...I just don't want to stray too far into actually making it a silent hill rip-off so need to think about that one. I don't plan on having anything too complicated just something to justify why the player enters the world, a few story driven encounters, a boss end fight, then salvation - the usual getup.

At the start of the quest the player will have all their equipment removed only relying on the gear they find, this will add a greater threat for the player and force them to explore everywhere to find the tools they need to survive.

@Polyfemus: That's cool don't about it, like I said i'm happy with what you gave me and will make use of it :smile:

Oh and i'd be careful uploading stuff from that site here, they deal in illegally ripped content without specifying their origins. I know from personal experience.

Speaking of the hospital setting i'm thinking about maybe taking a look at how FO3 put the cells together and if need be, use the assets and have the game as a requirement. Ideally I would like to have it standalone but FO3 has some good assets which would be perfect for a horror setting (i'm also considering metro tunnels for example) plus I would think a lot of players own both these games anyway, but at the same time I know I would get feedback complaints about the requirement and users who can't work out how to use fomm to transfer assets, and users whining that it's not all in a nice neat and tidy one click NMM package :rolleyes:

Edited by Ironman5000

@ironman

I LOVE and HATE the gear being removed lol, reminds me of Dead Money.

The only reason I suggested Green Isle is because it's already navmeshed and you can further expand adding even more land and buildings, it will save time perhaps and let's you focus on the EXTREMELY boring part, the scripting, sometimes I just want to rip my hair out when it comes to scripting lol...

Will there be zombie like creatures that roam around? As of right now it seems to me you are prefer almost Resident Evil 4 like, having people who lost their sanity.

Also are you going to add survivors to the story, perhaps even companions, and safe houses?

I am still trying to get a good feel of your mod, so I can suggest better story ideas