Can I install the official Skyrim high texture pack with SKSE already

Spellbinder2050

Yeah, I've heard of the 2k texture packs. I heard they're more taxing on performance because the textures are a higher resolution. I'm just looking for a smaller boost, not something that will drop my framerate/break the immersion.

I'm working with a Corei7 Bloomfield (first generation i7) OC'd to 4.0 ghz with 2 gtx 570's 1GB's with 6 GB of ddr3 ram. My hardware is top notch, but it's a few generations old alredy. I built it in 2010, so yeah, might not be a good idea to mess with those higher res texture packs.

Edited by Spellbinder2050

SKSE will not conflict with anything. o.O It only adds potential scripts...

and the only reason SKSE usually says that is because you have an illegal version of skyrim... if you are using a legit version it will always be up to date, SKSE is always set up for only the most current version of skyrim, and if you download and install SKSE then it will always be the version for the most up to date, legal version of skyrim. Unless you used a really old version of SKSE you had stashed on your computer somewhere, in which case just download SKSE from their site again.

EDIT; also, the skyrim 2k texture mod is actually LESS taxing then the HD DLC, the HD DLC is terribly inefficient, sporting ridiculous resolution textures that are considerably lower quality then something like 2k textures. You can use the 2k textures lite for optimal performance and appearance, I personally notice very little different between full and lite.

Edited by ArtMurder

The SKSE was working before I manually replaced all of the files in the "The Elder Scrolls" folder and "data" folders with the high res texture pack files.

I am running a pirated version of the game. I just started messing with the game 2 days ago, but before anyone blasts me, I do plan on buying the game. I usually test a game before I buy it, so that I know I'm not wasting 60 dollars on a crap game.

Edited by Spellbinder2050

The SKSE was working before I manually replaced all of the files in the "The Elder Scrolls" folder and "data" folders with the high res texture pack files.

I am running a pirated version of the game. I just started messing with the game 2 days ago, but before anyone blasts me, I do plan on buying the game. I usually test a game before I buy it, so that I know I'm not wasting 60 dollars on a crap game.

Yeah, running a pirated version of the game is the reason for your issues, and will get you banned from this site the second a moderator sees this post... Sorry.

And the high res texture packs should be in BSA form, and should not replace anything whatsoever, and can not and will not cause any sort of issue like that. The worst glitch they will cause is pink wood chopping stumps. it is very well known that using SKSE with a pirated version of skyrim will cause that exact error, and that is about the only way you can receive that error.

Also, I've spent $100 on skyrim and all it's DLC before the legendary edition, and it was more then worth it, it has the best modding options for any game ever created, and is already a pretty awesome game out of the box. I suggest you get a legit version, as pirated versions can not use about 80% of all mods, and supporting the Bethesda company is always a good thing, because in the current state of the economy all video game companies are struggling at least a little. ^_^

Edited by ArtMurder

Banned.