The Elsweyr Expedition

Keanumoreira

Violet signed.

"I'm just in it for the money, to be a greedy b&@*$. Better life, yada yada yada. My only question is, do we get to keep what we find and get out cut out of that, or do we pool everything, sell, and split it evenly?"

Icira's question was of immediate interest. Keel'lye didn't know what to make of it, pretending not to have heard as she played with her food as a lesser cat may do with a ball of yarn. She was nervous about something, that much was obvious, and the Count knew why. "Other than the Void Nights? I can't say. The only recent events that are indeed unusual, at least for the Khajiit, is the civil war going on at the moment. You'll find them to be a very peaceful people, but they defend their beliefs and what little they have as fiercely as you and I would. Even more so, some would say. With this troubling news, coupled with what little we know, to wonder if any suspicions exist within that state is merely a matter of fact. That is their very nature you see: a people born from skepticism; they are masters of secrecy and they guard it jealously like any forbidden treasure. Nowhere is this more true than among the Khajiit themselves, who are slow to trust even their closest relatives. If they've noticed anything out of the ordinary that is not obvious to you or I, they will hesitate to share it. Indeed, many challenges await us there."

Turning to Eldrin and Violet, he allowed his eyes to drift beyond the ship and among the warehouses until he spotted one in particular, "Do you see that building over there? That is where the fruits of our expedition will wait until we return. Depending on its size and contents, the earnings will be distributed fairly, equal to the number of members who are actively participating. As you can see, I am a man who lives comfortably. I do not need anymore than I currently have. I am not greedy; avarice has no hold over me. I am no tyrant or malcontent. I am fair to my guests and to those who I employ. As long as you follow the rules of the contract and those of basic civility, your time here will be well worth the trouble. This I can guarantee."

It was at this moment that a mysterious figure boarded the ship. The choice of the attire, as dark as Nocturnal herself, was a strong contrast to a face so pale, that the purest soul couldn't do it justice. Of this, the Count could briefly observe. It was so difficult to identify this stranger that it only when it spoke, did the Dark Elf know that it was a man. A bag of Septiems landed before him, of which was set aside carelessly. Llau'wai listened to his story intently, and while he was disappointed of the man's intentions, he nevertheless accepted the payment and welcomed him. "If that is the case, then you are free to travel with us as long as you wish. I cannot, however, allot you any of the sums that we may acquire, nor am I responsible for any injury that you may sustain on your stay with us. A contract, however, will be waiting for you if you ever wish to sign. Adjacent to my quarters are stairs that lead below deck to a manner of rooms, any of which you may claim as your own. After Keel'lye has finished her meal, she will bring a plate down to you, should you be wanting, and will assist you further if necessary."

That being said, the Count freed himself from the chair and directed his attention onward to the sea. Daylight was fleeting and it was time to push forward into the unknown. The land of mystery, yearning, waiting, for the brave few who never come; a place of discover, eager to share all that it knows- of these things, the Dark Elf wanted nothing more. It was out there, calling to them. Elsweyr was waiting.

A great sigh escaped Icira's lips. This was going to be more difficult than she had thought. Not that it really mattered—she'd finish her mission one way or another. Without another word, she quickly signed the contract and handed it over to Keel'lye.

I just hope I'm not wasting precious time....

Eldrin underestimated the count's reply, but he remained content. He was okay with the loot being split evenly, but he remembered the last time that happened on a dungeon clearing contract, he "accidentally" pushed a colleague (from another guild) into a pit with spikes at the bottom. All so he and the rest of the gang could get a little more dough for the contract. He just hoped that the "expedition" wasn't a total failure. He didn't argue about the shady Redguard's acceptance aboard, thinking that it wouldn't be worth it. He still made a mental note to keep an eye on him since he looked pretty damn dangerous. Like the kind of guy who would blow up a ship of adventurers just for shits and giggles. But hell, it's not like Eldrin wasn't as treacherous. After all, he did shove some moron down a hole for a "raise". Nevertheless, he simply resumed his loitering in his chair, awaiting the ship's departure. (He also contemplated on which one of the crew members would die first). The sooner they left, the sooner he got to shoot things.

Edited by twentynine29

"Well, logic dictates I have no choice in the matter then. You need bodies and I need to get to Elswyr. I will sign very quickly no need to bring a plate down, I've already...eaten." He says under his breath. He rummages through his pack for his favorite quill and signs the contract after a quick scan of the parchment. Judah re-equips hi hood and ducks below deck into one of the far rooms and begins to set out some peculiar artifacts and books. One book in particular, thicker than the others, he brings out an ornate stand and some special candles. The book is worn but in good condition, like it has been referred to often. He takes a second to admire the tome before placing it carefully on it's customized display. With equal care he disarms his self of the bow and blade. He ritualistically cleans and sharpens the masterly crafted blade and arrows then tightens and calibrates the ornate bow. Each weapon is placed carefully in their own positions each position with obvious meaning and purpose. After, his disarming ritual h settles in and buries himself in his books and scrolls making notes and quick reference cards. Most of the books are on Elswyr and the Khajit,but others are dark and ominous and he is very careful in his study of them. He looks up suddenly, "I wonder what was in that contract"...