Creation Kit error "There are no more files"

FrederickDavies

Hi all,

I hope this is the right forum for this, otherwise please do tell.

So, I am working on this new spell: I create the Magic Effect, the Spell using it, and the Spell Tome to give it to the character. I put a copy of the tome on a table and then try to save the work (I have done this successfully before). In the Select File window I give it a name and when I click on Save, I get an error message with the name I have chosen saying "There are no more files." Has anyone seen this before? How do I fix it?

For your information I have the latest version of Skyrim and am using Mod Organizer to start the creation Kit.

Thank you for your help.

Yours,

FD

OK, I downgraded to version 1.1.0 but the problem persisted. Creation Kit only started saving files again when I downgraded to 1.0.12. What version did you downgrade to?

FD

I downgraded to 1.0.11, for no other reason than I had that file lying around on my HDD. I haven't tried any versions later than this but I can do it if you want.

OK, I downgraded to version 1.1.0 but the problem persisted. Creation Kit only started saving files again when I downgraded to 1.0.12. What version did you downgrade to?

FD

I downgraded to 1.0.11, for no other reason than I had that file lying around on my HDD. I haven't tried any versions later than this but I can do it if you want.

I don't think we need to; it is becoming clear this is a problem introduced in 1.1.0 rather than in 1.1.1 (both your 1.0.11 and my 1.0.12 seem to be working).

Thanks anyway; I suppose now we have to wait for word about a fix for 1.1.X.

FD

• 3 weeks later...

I am running 1.1.1 and I'm still having this error. I hope this workaround will not only be useful, but maybe shed light on why it's happening:

• close MO and all related stuff
  • navigate to the Mod Organizer 'Mods' folder
  • create a folder with the intended mod name (I'm following tutorials so I made 'Testquest')
  • in that folder, make a new file (right click and make anything, text file for example) and then rename that file to 'Testquest.esp'
  • load MO and check the new mod 'Testquest' so the CK will include it.
  • Now your new (blank) esp should show up in the File -> Data list and you can set it as the active file

I confirmed that the File -> Save will write your changes to the new .esp. I guess this means the virtual file system doesn't play nice with the save dialogue's ability to make new files?

Edited by DCBSupafly